If you're anything like me, an overzealous, gluten free foodie, you may find yourself perpetually wandering around New York City in desperate search for a worthwhile GF treat. It's easy to fall into a trap of over-processed, mediocre-at-best desserts. Never fear, the city that never sleeps has these 5 GF desserts that are guaranteed to satisfy even a non-gluten free person's sweet tooth. 

1. Rice to Riches

A photo posted by nina (@ninalucibello) on

Rice to Riches, an NYC rice pudding joint, is every gluten- free foodie's dream. With such flavors as Sex, Drugs, and Rocky Road, Butterscotch Boulevard, and Secret Life of Pumpkin, there are endless options at your fingertips. Because there's no limit to the number samples you can try, you're all but guaranteed to find the flavor that hits the spot. Indulge, and enjoy this GF treat.   

2. Sprinkles Cupcakes

A photo posted by Nathan Tolib (@nathjeto) on

This LA-born bakery is famous for innovation — in addition to its ingenious Cupcake ATM, Sprinkles makes a delectable red velvet cupcake that is, you guessed it, gluten free. The cake is super moist and spongy and is crowned with an incredible cream cheese frosting. Enjoy it on top of two scoops of Tahitian Vanilla Bean (as shown above). You won't be sorry.

3. Chloe's Soft Serve Fruit 

Located in Union Square, Chloe's offers gluten free, dairy free, vegan, and Kosher options, making it perfect for so many people with dietary restrictions. Top such flavors as banana, plum, mango, and tangerine, with any number of the wide variety of toppings available. This refreshing, *healthy* and GF dessert is always a good choice.   

4. Serendipity 3

A photo posted by @food_daily48109 on

At Serendipity 3, hot chocolate is no longer just a winter delicacy. Listed as Frrrozen Hot Chocolate on the menu, this dessert is made of 100% pure chocolate, milk, sugar, and ice, topped off with whipped cream and chocolate shavings. This dessert is totally a) sharable amongst two or three of your favorite gluten free friends, and b) capable of being recreated when you get home from your NYC trip, making consumption not just delicious, but a bonding experience.  However you choose to enjoy Serendipity 3's frozen hot chocolate, you're consuming chocolate heaven, one sip at a time.

5. Sprinkles Cookies 

As I mentioned before, Sprinkles is really not just ice cream. Along with killer gluten free red velvet cupcakes, Sprinkles blessed us all with a buttery, golden brown, and gooey chocolate chip cookie for GF foodies to enjoy. One is solid, but two with some ice cream in between is even better. Not sure whether to get the double scoop sundae or the ice cream sandwich? My two word answer: get both. 

Hopefully, you can now confidently walk around Manhattan knowing where to go to try that out-of-this-world gluten free cupcake, cookie, or rice pudding without feeling like you're either wasting your calories on something iffy or not trying something that could be better. Remember, stressed backwards spells desserts. So don't stress, just enjoy.