Coffee trends are always popping up. Whether it's being served in an avocado, chew-able coffee, clear coffee, or a new Starbucks concoction, people are sure to go crazy over whatever comes next. Recently, a glitter cappuccino has been all over social media. Fans of sparkles, this is for you. I'm a glitter kind of girl myself, so I'm here for it.

What Is This Glitter Cappuccino?

The glittery coffee is made like a normal cappuccino but is then topped with edible glitter. It comes in two colors, called the Gold and Diamond Cappuccinos. The glitter is made out of sugar mixed with food coloring and heated in the oven.

Where Can I Get a Glitter Cappuccino?

Unfortunately, like the glitter prosecco that you can find in the U.K., the cappuccino in question is not sold in America. It is served in Coffee By Di Bella, which is a chain coffee shop based in Mumbai, India. Although Coffee By Di Bella is based in Mumbai, it is an Australian specialty coffee company. The drink only costs $3 per cup, which isn't bad considering how beautiful it looks, but an airplane ticket there is a different story.

You can always experiment with making one yourself, but it's important to be safe when doing so. Make sure you are buying edible glitter, which is made out of food ingredients. Non-toxic glitter is not the same thing, and should not be eaten.

The Influence of Instagram

These are obviously highly Insta-worthy, which is part of the inspiration. The director of Coffee By Di Bella, Rahul Leekha, told Today,  "We understand the importance of social media and make sure our products are Insta-friendly."

With social media being such an influence in food culture in our world, that's a smart decision, and it seems to be benefiting Coffee Di Bella, given its recent attention. The coffee shop's own Instagram has many mesmerizing pictures and videos to scroll through, sure to help you kill some time. 

Other Glitter Cappuccinos

While the drink gaining popularity is the one from Coffee By Di Bella, another coffee shop, which of course isn't in the U.S. either, has also tried out a similar drink. Melbourne in Lichfield which is located in the United Kingdom,had a version as well, but it was not permanent or sold on the menu.

I for one, am hoping this trend makes it's way to America. Who wouldn't want to start their day with a little sparkle? It's the perfect way to brighten up the dreaded mornings. I don't know about you, but it also gives me serious holiday vibes. In 2007 we wanted our vampires to sparkle, while in 2017 we want our coffee to sparkle, which is an even better (and more possible) idea if you ask me.