I mean come on, a burger resting on top of your cocktail? Mind. Blown. MET Back Bay calls it their “Crafty Mary,” and it should be on everyone’s must-try list in the very near future.

FullSizeRender

Photo by Bonnie Tynes

You can choose your spirit, your rim and your preferred spice level, but the fun part is picking the “fixin’s and garnishes.” Err on the side of caution and go for the traditional ones like celery, pepperocini, olives and lime, or take a walk on the wild side and get a mini cheeseburger, a salami and cheese skewer or shrimp and lobster atop your cocktail. The possibilities are endless.

Photo by Bonnie Tynes

Now an out-of-this-world Bloody Mary bar is enough to sell me on a restaurant, but I do have to admit I’d rather eat my calories then drink them.

With the perfect sized menu (not too short that you feel like the chef is making your dining decision for you, but not too long and overwhelming that you can’t make a decision), MET Back Bay has great food for a reasonable price for breakfast, lunch, dinner and weekend brunch.

Photo by Ellen Bartolino

My first time there I ordered the Green Guru Salad: kale, spinach, broccoli, haricots verts, carrots, spiced pumpkin seeds, avocado and salmon in a green goddess dressing. Amazing! And poking out in the background there is my mom’s cider braised chicken, parmesan Brussels sprouts and sweet potato spätzle, which was quite tasty as well. (Like… I-stole-a-couple-extra-bites-while-she-was-in-the-bathroom tasty.)

My sister ordered the MET rice bowl. Also to die for. Let’s just say she was not a happy camper when she went to take her doggy bag to work for lunch and realized I had snagged it to bring back to my dorm room.

Book early enough and you and your honey can score yourself a Valentine’s Day Table for Two in Rome or Paris without leaving Boston.

average

Address: 279 Dartmouth Street, Boston, MA 02116
Hours of Operation: Mon-Fri, Breakfast 8 am-11 am, Lunch: 11am-4 pm, Dinner (Mon-Thurs) 5 pm-10 pm, 5 pm-11 pm (Fri); Saturday, Brunch: 9 am-3:30pm, Dinner: 5pm-11pm; Sunday, Brunch: 9 am-3:30 pm, Dinner: 5-9pm

Still Hungry? Check these out: