If you even remotely enjoy frozen treats, you need to check out Sweet Dreams Homemade Ice Cream of Gainesville. The owners are total experts in ice cream crafting, so Sweet Dreams’ unique flavors (many of which include alcohol) takes the phrase “melt in your mouth” to a whole new level.

Two alcohol-infused flavors that anyone would recognize are Bailey’s and Guinness, but they also utilize Gainesville’s local breweries to create flavors like Swamp Head Midnight Oil. If you’re going to spend calories on alcohol, what better way to enjoy it than in a crunchy waffle cone with whipped cream and a cherry on top?

cream

Photo by Katie Brady

Another reason why Sweet Dreams stands out against all other ice cream shops in Gainesville is because of their tasty flavor combos. Each day, Sweet Dreams puts out 24 distinct ice cream flavors, all made with fresh ingredients. They pride themselves on their signature Mayan Chocolate flavor which has a hint of ground red chili peppers, redefining everything you ever thought about chocolate ice cream.

cream

Photo by Katie Brady

Other, non-alcoholic options include the Birds and Bees, made with honey and sunflower seeds and the Love Sick, which is cherry ice cream with fresh black and maraschino cherries and chocolate chips. They also have a Crazy 4 Caramel flavor that’s packed with chocolate-covered caramel cups and real caramel swirls. An undeniable crowd pleaser is the Strawberry Cheesecake flavor, with pieces of fresh strawberries mixed into the creamy goodness. For anyone focused on healthier eats, they do offer a few sugar free and dairy free options.

While you’re gazing at the flavors, the creative design of the shop transports you back to being a kid again. The entire store is decorated in a moon and star theme, keeping the whimsical world of childhood and ice cream alive and strong.

cream

Photo by Katie Brady

Working with the theme, Sweet Dream has coined the term “dipper scoops” for their smaller portion. These scoops are perfect for anyone looking to cure a craving without indulging in calories. Overall, this shop is a must-try Gainesville outing.

Pro Tip: Sweet Dreams makes homemade waffle cones every day. If you feel confident enough in your ice cream cone eating abilities, definitely pair your scoop with one.

cheap

Location: 3437 West University Avenue, Gainesville, FL 32607
Hours of Operation:  Sun-Thurs 12pm-10pm,  Fri-Sat 12pm-11pm