Friday, April 1 marked the grand opening of the newest location of La PanotiQ, a Bay Area, family-owned bakery and café known for its delectable French cuisine. The restaurant opened its doors on College Avenue, offering samples of their cold brew Bicycle Coffee, mushroom risotto, and a host of pastries and treats.

bakery

Photo by Emily Breay

When you walk in, the shop’s modern chic interior and friendly staff create an inviting atmosphere. But if that’s not enough to draw you in, the display of their dessert assortment certainly is. Beautifully decorated tarts, macarons, and other traditional French desserts adorn every inch of the refrigerated case while platters of incredible breads and flaky pastries tempt customers from above.

bakery

Photo by Emily Breay

Beyond just desserts, La PanotiQ’s menu offers not only a wide variety of coffee and tea beverages, but also artfully prepared salads, artisan sandwiches served on baguettes, and brunch options like french toast and yogurt parfaits with housemade granola.

bakery

Photo by Emily Breay

This restaurant is a French paradise here in Berkeley that will make you feel like you’re studying abroad without stepping on a plane. From the coffee to the desserts to the meals, nothing in this restaurant disappoints. Come see for yourself, and try the newest location of La PanotiQ today.