This spring break your’s truly took a quick trip across the pond to London, England. London is not only a beautiful city full of wonderful historical sites, but it also is a haven for great food. Don’t just take my word for it, see for yourself:

1. Welcome to European time

london

Camomile interior. Photo by Kristina Kim

I started off every morning with a walk to this quaint neighborhood café, Camomile. Walking through the door, I was immediately greeted with cases full of fresh pastries and breads and the smell of fresh coffee. The menu was diverse in its offerings and each dish included fresh, natural ingredients.

london

A Full English Breakfast. Photo by Kristina Kim

Since I was in England, I decided to try the traditional full English Breakfast, which came with eggs, sausage, smoked bacon, roasted tomato, field mushroom and toast. It definitely was filling and although not something I would recommend eating everyday (for purely health reasons), it was extremely fresh tasting and delicious.

2. The Department Store and Food Court taken to the Next Level

Photo by Kristina Kim

Being one of the most famed department stores in the world, Harrods was naturally a stop on my tour of London. Although known for its luxurious fashion goods from stores like Hermes and Burberry, Harrods has also become equally well known for its food hall. Picture an American food court. Now completely disregard that image, and instead, imagine a place full of luxury dining options, a produce market, freshly prepared foods of practically every cuisine and rows of desserts, pastries and breads. It may seem like a fantasy, but Harrod’s food hall is truly like that.

london

Sit-down dining option at Harrods. Photo by Kristina Kim

london

Photo by Kristina Kim

london

Cakes on Cakes on Cakes. Photo by Kristina Kim

london

Dessert for Miles. Photo by Kristina Kim

london

Photo by Kristina Kim

It was hard to choose amongst the hundreds of options, but I opted for a chicken sesame sandwich with peppers, lettuce and onions, as well as a small tiramisu. The sandwich was nothing too special, but it was well prepared and tasted very fresh. The tiramisu was heavenly and probably one of the best desserts I’ve ever had. It was light, yet creamy, and the flavors were perfect. I easily would go back to Harrods just for its dessert offerings.

3. Football time at the Pub

london

Pulled Pork Burger with Fries from The Minories. Photo by Kristina Kim

Although I couldn’t go to a match, it was still fun to experience the game day pub atmosphere. I’ve got good news for most college students (sorry youngins): the drinking age in England is 18, so get some of your mates together and go grab a pint. Pub/bar food is always a way to satisfy your comfort food cravings. I got the Pulled Pork Burger, which was a beef burger topped with sticky Tabasco pulled pork, smoked mozzarella and chili slaw. This burger from The Minories was no joke and definitely hit the spot.

4. London, England: Home to Some of the Best Indian and Chinese Cuisine?

london

Thali from Zaike NW3. Photo by Kristina Kim

The answer is YES. Almost everywhere I went there were at least three or four Indian or Chinese restaurants, and let me tell you–the ones I went to were amazing. The dishes I got were extremely flavorful and tasty. I especially loved the Thali I got one night from the Indian restaurant in my hotel, Zaike NW3. Thali is an Indian dish that is usually served in a metal platter with small, fitted bowls that include a variety of dishes. My Thali included a canapé, chicken curry, lamb curry, dal, vegetables, raita, salad, rice, naan and poppadom. The dish was fantastic and gave me the opportunity to taste small portions of a variety of Indian dishes.

5. Tea, Please

london

Afternoon Tea at the Orangery. Photo by Kristina Kim

What trip to England would be complete without some afternoon tea? No trip. So, imagining what it would feel like to be royalty, I headed to The Orangery at Kensington Palace for tea time. Surrounded by the beautiful gardens of the palace, this spot offered an elegant, enjoyable dining atmosphere. The afternoon tea included your choice of tea, champagne, four different types of finger sandwiches, orange-scented and currant scones served with Cornish clotted cream and English strawberry jam as well as an assortment of afternoon tea pastries.

london

Afternoon Tea Table Arrangement. Photo by Kristina Kim

london

As beautiful as they were tasty. Photo by Kristina Kim

6. This Little Foodie Went to Market…Borough Market that is

london

Photo by Kristina Kim

On my last day in London, I decided to try out one of London’s many food markets. As a New Yorker, I am a huge fan and frequenter of food markets. Borough Market did not disappoint. It featured a variety of cuisines with everything from Soul Food to Indian to German. Besides the many food options, I love food markets because of the lively vibe and atmosphere they present. For lunch, I decided to have one vegetarian dish and one meat dish. From Horn OK Please, an Indian street food vendor, I got Moong Dal Dosa, a spiced lentil crepe filled with masala potato served with a side of chana chaat (chickpeas topped with homemade chutneys and sev). I really enjoyed this dish because it was not too heavy or extravagant, yet it still brought great flavors. From Hog Roast, I got a Hog Roast Sandwich on ciabatta bread topped with homemade apple sauce, arugula and cracklings. The cracklings and the apple sauce made that sandwich.

london

Vendor at Borough Market. Photo by Kristina Kim

london

london

Roasting Hog. Photo by Kristina Kim

london

Hog Roast Sandwich. Photo by Kristina Kim

london

Moong Dal Dosa. Photo by Kristina Kim

london

So many pastries. Photo by Kristina Kim

london

Photo by Kristina Kim

london

Turkish Delight. Photo by Kristina Kim

Although I hit practically every major attraction and ate at a lot of great places, just like in any major city, there are always more places to explore and try. I had a delightful time in London and I can’t wait to come back again. Ta ta for now!

For more foodie adventures check out:

5 Life Lessons as Told by Parisian Pastries

Where You Should Eat on Your Next Day Trip to NYC

My Quest to Find the Greatest Sandwich in Barcelona