Food-themed museums are basically taking over NYC. In the span of less than a year, about five different food-themed museums have popped up in the Big Apple, which cater to the food-instagram-loving generation aka me and everyone. Food photography has always been a huge part of online media, specifically Instagram, and there are seemingly endless numbers of accounts dedicated to food and even to very specific food-centric creations, such as Dogs In Food, which you should all go follow immediately. This growing craze has even infiltrated food education as the Institute of Culinary Education is now offering courses in food photography and styling. 

This trend in creating and capturing aesthetically pleasing edible art has  and expanded to actual museums and exhibitions, allowing for real-life interactive experiences with a variety of foods. Following The Museum of Ice Cream, which opened up last summer, The Egg House pop-upped up in NYC this summer and is sadly already closed :( But on an extremely happy note, in the next few months, FOUR more interactive food-themed experiences are set to open in New York City: a Rosé Mansion, The Museum of Pizza, Candytopia, and Sugar Factory's Museum of Candy.

1. Rosé Wine Mansion 

Guzzling down rosé from around the world while swinging from a golden chandelier and running from Rome to France? Sign me up! The Rosé Wine Mansion is an entire 3-floor experience dedicated to summer's favorite beverage: rosé. After you indulge in sipping and learning about rosé from a full tour of countries spanning the history of this summer favorite, choose (or try to choose) from the largest Rosé wine list in the country (!!!) in the Grand Tasting Room. 

When: July 12 - October 7, 2018

Where: 445 5th Ave, New York, NY 

Get your tickets here! 

2. The Museum of Pizza 

Known for its crazy, delicious $1 slices, NYC is the perfect spot to open up an artistic space dedicated to pizza and only pizza. The Museum of Pizza, or as they call it, MoPi, is "the world's first and only immersive art experience celebrating pizza," and I CANNOT contain my excitement!! According to the MoPi website, you can expect the exhibits to include a "pizza beach" to lounge on, an "interactive history (and untold story) of Pizza," and "a 'Pizza Zen' ASMR experience." No matter what it is, I am SURE you won't want to miss out on an opportunity "to bask in multi-sensory, psychedelic pizza joy?" Dangit, why didn't I think of this idea first? I mean, COME ON, this is basically all of my dreams (and I'm guessing yours too bc pizza is bae) coming to life. And I am about to go get myself a slice of pizza and you should too #pizzaisbae

When: October 13 - 28, 2018

Where: 718 Broadway, New York, NY

Get your tickets here!

3. Museum of Candy 

We all know and love Sugar Factory for its insane desserts and massive sweet treats, but this summer they are taking things to the next level: opening up a Museum of Candy, an entire interactive experience dedicated to only sweets. I know, my inner 5-year-old is SCREAMING!! Though much information hasn't been shared yet, there are rumors of some exhibits that the museum will hold in addition to its 15 candy-themed interactive rooms. If you are lucky enough to visit this sweet-tooth heaven, you may get the chance to witness a 10-foot candy unicorn, dine in a full-service restaurant featuring Sugar Factory's iconic drink concoctions, and shop in the world's first dessert marketplace. 

When: TBA Early 2019

Where: 656 6th Ave, New York, NY

Tickets not released yet!

4. Candytopia 

A pool of marshmallows? Yes, please! Candytopia is where all of your childhood dreams come true: "where colossal candyfloss constructions meld with a tantalizing taffy twistedness." Though the dates for the Candytopia pop-up in NYC have yet to be announced, you can check out sneak-peaks of the marvelous madness of their Santa Monica pop-up on their instagram. If you have ever wanted to experience some of your favorite artwork such as Van Gough's Starry Night in all it's candied-glory, you have come to the right place. 

When: later this summer 

Where: TBA, New York, NY

Sign up here to get early access to tickets!

Rosé + Pizza + Candy = 

Visit all four of these spots and spend your day eating pizza and candy while sipping on rosé AND even learning a little bit about the history of the best foods to ever exist.