Social media is everywhere these days. I’m not just saying that because I write for a food website. I’m saying it because restaurants are using social media to market. So here’s some advice: follow your favorite restaurants and bakeries on Instagram. Why? Because they sometimes have promotions and you might win something (like a free baking class at Le Pain Quotidian) that will make your day. All you have to do is click one small “follow” button (it won’t hurt your insta ratio too much).

Here’s the story:

If your best friend is as awesome as mine, she might tag you in a comment and win a free pie and challah baking class for the two of you at your favorite place.IMG_5661

You might start your class by learning how to make pecan pie complete with a pie crust that is equal parts flour and butter (their motto is calories don’t count).

Follow Your Favorite Restaurants on Instagram

Photo by Emily Kurtz

Into another pie shell, you might get to pour a pumpkin filling so aromatic you can smell the different spices.

Photo by Emily Kurtz

Then you might learn how to make challah dough and get the chance to braid it yourself before watching it double its size in the oven.

Photo by Emily Kurtz

Lastly, you’ll probably end the night by tasting the pies while sipping free drinks and chatting to food bloggers who were also invited to the event.

There’s no reason why you shouldn’t follow restaurants on Instagram: a free cooking class at Le Pain Quotidian where you come home with two pies, challah and extra challah dough should speak for itself. And if this post got you interested in taking a cooking class, I highly recommend you check out the websites of your favorite restaurants and bakeries, since many of them offer various classes.

Photo by Emily Kurtz

Photo by Emily Kurtz