There are plenty of things to look forward to with summer fast approaching. Once finals are over, we can finally relax and enjoy the hot sun, a trip to the beach, and some quality time with friends. With all the summer excitement, it is easy to overlook the most fundamental part of these sunny months: smoothies.

You might think I’m giving this beverage a little too much credit, but let’s face it – What would summer be without these refreshing blends of fruits, yogurt, and juice? Nothing. So, while struggling through these last few days of finals, head to Cool Beans and try a new Freshëns smoothie to get yourself in the summer spirit.

We all know the classics: PB Protein, Maui Mango, and Caribbean Craze. It turns out, though, that there are some seriously underrated smoothies offered daily at Cool Beans that need some taste bud appreciation. Check out our top five hidden gems that must be tried before heading home for the summer:

Pom-Tastic

smoothies

Photo by Emily Iannaconi

Why doesn’t this one get more love? The only explanation I can think of is that it’s just too far down the menu list because this smoothie is one of the best. The pomegranate raspberry sorbet, blended with strawberries and peaches, is an explosion of fruit you won’t soon forget.

Feelin’ Peachy

smoothies

Photo by Caroline Morano

This one is an interesting twist on the classic strawberry banana smoothie. Feelin’ Peachy adds peaches and peach sorbet to the old favorite, giving this smoothie the little extra sweetness it needs.

Tropical Therapy

smoothies

Photo by Caroline Morano

Here’s one that’s perfect to fight the finals week blues. Pineapple and coconut provide an island flair and a kiwi-lime sorbet gives an unexpected flavor burst. Grab one of these before heading to Dinand to make your day a little brighter.

Purple Reign

smoothies

Photo by Kate Spitler

As if the name didn’t already scream “Holy Cross,” this smoothie truly does “bleed purple.” This one has blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, and kiwi-lime juice. A little heavier than some of the other options, Purple Reign is perfect for a quick breakfast.

Oh Kale!

smoothies

Photo by Caroline Morano

I’m going to be honest, this one isn’t for everyone. The kale, spinach, and 14 other raw greens are no secret, and you can definitely taste (and see) the earthy flavors. However, the mango and pineapple do come together nicely to give this smoothie a little more of a fruity flavor. Don’t be too intimidated by this green blend – you may be happily surprised.

Satisfy your smoothie cravings and check these articles out: