Pizza. It's enjoyed at celebrations, family gatherings, sporting events, busy nights when there is no time for dinner, among other meals. Pizza is a food difficult to make incorrectly, whether you’re taking it from the store to the oven, having it delivered, or making it by hand, it is a pretty simple food to not mess up. With that said, pizza can also be made even better, and in this case, it's done by the legendary joint Fireside Pies.

If you’re not lucky enough to be surrounded by Chicago pizza, it may take more time to find that great pizza place with a fun atmosphere in your city. But believe me, it is possible to find. In Dallas, Texas, that place is Fireside Pies, for these three reasons.

1. The friendly atmosphere

Fireside Pies is a slightly nicer pizza place than most, but is still family-friendly and welcoming, regardless if you’re wearing the clothes you worked out in or your prom dress. The patio is great to sit outside during those few nice summer days, but even better in the winter when they bring heaters out (if it’s cool enough!). Pizza lovers old and young will have an unforgettable time here with the friendly atmosphere of the waiters, waitresses, and chefs. 

2. The legendary pizza

mushroom, mozzarella, crust, pepperoni, pizza
Emily Doyle

With choices ranging from the Texas Beef Sausage Pie to the Balsamic Roasted Chicken Pie, gluten-filled to gluten-free crust, you will always be able to find something tasty. Fireside Pies has got you covered with great appetizers like the Grilled Spinach and Artichoke Dip and their take on classic Garlic Bread, which is pieces of thick bread twisted with marinara sauce on the side. 

3. The drinks

beer
Emily Doyle

When it comes to pizza, the typical drink people pair with it is beer or perhaps a cider. Fireside Pies is changing that with some of the best sangria I have ever tasted. The drink is fun to look at and even more fun to taste. Along with the Red Passion Sangria (pictured above), they also serve a great Grapefruit Rickey and have many other refreshing drinks to add to your pizza experience. 

Fireside Pies is the place to go if you want a fun, tasty, pizza experience. If you're ever in Dallas and looking for something new to try, don't pass this opportunity up.