The best part about Atlanta is its perpetually growing map of places to dine. All over the city are unique little districts that each have their own vibe. They also each have stellar restaurants.

For that reason, the recently opened mixed-use property, Buckhead Atlanta, has proven to be a hit. Buckhead Atlanta is home to stores and restaurants such as the uber popular Shake Shack. I recently ventured out to one of their other new dining spots, Thirteen Pies, which was a culinary experience I will not forget.

pies

Photo by Michelle Wolff

Thirteen Pies is no ordinary pizza place. Yes, the pizza is phenomenal, but the happening and energetic atmosphere is also on par with the taste of the food. On the restaurant’s menu are thirteen different pizzas, including one that changes daily, hence the name Thirteen Pies.

During my visit, I had such a hard time choosing from the endless options of salads, appetizers, pastas and of course pizzas. If you are hungry, the baked goat cheese is a winner and is sure to set the tone for the rest of your meal. The garlic and sage white pie is so flavorful I had to return back to the eatery immediately (a few days later to be exact).

pies

Photo by Michelle Wolff

The orobianco burrata mozzarella pizza just confirmed my deep and eternal love for burrata even more. The combination of the burrata and the pesto on top of a cheese pizza proved to be a tasty work of art.

Thirteen Pies achieves what is often quite difficult for eateries to accomplish: having aesthetically pleasing food that actually tastes as good as it looks.

Next time you get that pizza craving (which will be soon because when does pizza ever not sound good?), be sure to make your way to Thirteen Pies.

average

Hours: Sun-Thurs 11am-10pm Fri-Sat 11am-11pm

Location: 250 Buckhead Avenue, Suite 317, Atlanta, GA 30305