Mark your calendars: Sunday, April 15 is the Say Cheese Fest in the Lincoln Park area. Like its name suggests, this Chicagoland event celebrates all things cheese. Back for its third time, the cheese festival includes bites from restaurants and retailers including Lou Malnati's, Baked Cheese Haus, and Mac Dynamite. Here are some cheese items that you need to try this weekend. Trust me, you'll never think about cheese the same way again. 

Saxon Creamery - Big Eds Gouda Cheese Spread

The winner of last year's Fan Favorite award at the Say Cheese Fest, this bad boy doesn't need much explanation. Whether you spread it on a panini or use it as a dip for veggies, you'll know why this creamy spread won the gold.

Mac Dynamite - Dynamite Mac

Smoked gouda, aged cheddar and toppings galore? Your classic boxed Mac 'n Cheese is shaking. Mac Dynamite doesn't have a storefront, so the only chance you'll have to see these noods (yes, you read that right) is at pop-ups locations at events like Say Cheese Fest. Remember to ask for Panko crunch on the side—the breadcrumbs will add a satisfying crunch to the already mouthwatering dish.

#SpoonTip: The difference between Panko bread crumbs and classic breadcrumbs is that Panko crumbs are made without the crust of the bread. 

Lou Malnati’s - Classic Cheese Deep Dish

Honestly, we're not 100 percent positive that Lou's will be dishing up slices of its traditional cheese deep dish pizza at this cheese festival. But even if the pizza joint doesn't, it's still worth talking about (and dreaming about). Nothing says Chicago like the layers of flaky crust, savory tomato sauce, and of course, the legendary cheese worthy of every #cheesepull boomerang.

Baked Cheese Haus - Jambon Cru Raclette

Wisconsin’s artisanal cheese company, Baked Cheese Haus, offers a variety of Swiss-style Raclettes, aka wheels of melted cheese are scraped right off the warmers onto your dish of choice. The Jambon Cru Raclette consists of cheese scraped over a toasted baguette topped with cured ham, spring onions, dijon mustard and sweet little baby gherkins. While we're not positive which Raclette this place plans to dish out, we know it will transport you right to cheese heaven. 

Gayle’s Best Ever Grilled Cheese - The Classic

Sometimes, classic comfort food is all you need. This grilled cheese joint makes a simple sandwich, but featuring all local ingredients like bread from Bennison's Bakery, Praire Pure Butterkase cheese, and butter from Wisconsin's Nordic Creamery. Relive a childhood favorite (minus the Kraft singles) and snap an Instagram worthy picture while you're at it.

Get Me to This Cheese Festival...

A ticket from Eventbrite gives you access to every food vendor as well as five sponsored drink tickets to pair with your cheese smorgasbord. Sponsors include Barefoot Wine, Bai, and Boxed Water is Better. Better yet, the event benefits local charities, so you can rest assured that your ticket is going towards the greater gouda.

If you can’t make it to this cheese festival, Spoon Northwestern will be posting live updates on our Instagram story because nothing makes us say cheese more then, well, cheese.