I have the perfect restaurant for your upcoming birthday or special celebration. It’s called Fia Restaurant, and it is located in the Burgess Hotel in Buckhead. It is certainly on the pricier side, so if your parents are coming to town, impress them (and treat yourself) to an excellent Mediterranean-inspired meal. I was lucky enough to dine here when my dad visited Emory to take me out for my birthday! Here is my guide to a dinner that certainly won’t disappoint.

Atmosphere

Not only does Fia offer an excellent culinary experience, but the space is visually stunning. The restaurant was designed and decorated with every detail in mind. The dining room looks like a page out of Architectural Digest. When you walk in, you first encounter the library, a cozy room with couches, blue bookcases, and a fireplace. Continue on to the left and you will enter the dining room. Its walls are lined with dark blue velvet couches, and the center tables feature luxurious cushioned chairs. Each table is made up of beautiful light and dark checkered wood, and dim lighting creates an air of relaxation and luxury. Once you settle in and absorb your surroundings, it’s time to decide what to order.

Appetizers

Let me preface this by saying that every dish we had was terrific. You could sense the intention behind each ingredient; the artistry behind the plating. My dad and I ordered the pan-seared gnocchi, grilled ciabatta with chimichurri, and Vidalia onion soup to start. The gnocchi were super fluffy, and bathed in a creamy mushroom sauce. The grilled ciabatta was charred and chewy, and the chimichurri sauce added the perfect tang. The soup was not at all what I expected – it was even better! It was a fairly light soup, blended to a silky consistency. Topped with chili oil and black pepper, the flavors were dancing in my mouth.

Rebecca Casel
Rebecca Casel
Rebecca Casel

Entrées

Or, to be accurate, entrée. My dad and I both ordered the salmon. I know, how boring? However, this salmon was anything but. It was so perfectly cooked, medium finish, with a melt-in-your-mouth texture; topped with capers, watercress and a lemon butter sauce. Although excessive, we did choose to add truffle butter on the side of our fish – it was definitely worth it!

Rebecca Casel

Dessert

I was so stuffed that I wasn’t going to order dessert, but our server had something else in mind. It was my birthday, so she brought out a perfectly caramelized creme brûlée with a lit candle. After making a wish, I quickly dug into the creme brûlée. It was light and creamy, and tasted strongly of vanilla beans. The crispy sugar top was my favorite part!

Rebecca Casel

So there you have it, the perfect dinner for when you want something extra special. You can count on Fia Restaurant to deliver excellent food, service, and atmosphere for your next special event!