We all know the biggest appeal of dining halls is their convenience. You wake up, roll out of bed in your pajamas, and make the 10-second trip to inhale plates of food still leaving you unsatisfied. Sooner or later that convenience will be old news and you’ll want to have a comforting meal that makes you feel like you’re back home. Feast is the perfect place to fulfill that desire.

Feast

Photo by Talia Greenberg

Located in the heart of Charlottesville, this quaint shop makes eating out an experience rather than just a meal. Their cafe menu is filled with a variety of salads, sandwiches, soups and cheese platters which always makes it a tough decision to order. While waiting for your food, you can endlessly sample cheeses, crackers, spreads and other snacks. My favorite sample is the spicy peanut dip that pairs perfectly with chips or vegetables to make you feel like you’re eating Chinese food without the guilt. You’ll be sure to leave full and satisfied.

Feast

Photo by Talia Greenberg

My dream in life is to walk into a restaurant and when the waitress asks me what I want, simply say “the usual.” I haven’t made it to that level yet at Feast, but I think I am well on my way.

Feast

Photo by Talia Greenberg

Whenever I go, I always order the chicken, cheddar and fig panini with a side of the fall salad, which consists of kale, apples, toasted pecans and raisins. I think the name speaks for itself with what’s inside, but what they don’t include is that it comes out hot off the panini press with cheese oozing out and the most perfect grill marks. While I have tried my friends’ meals such as the turkey, brie and cranberry panini, nothing compares to “my” dish and I think they’re starting to conform.

Feast

Photo by Talia Greenberg

It’s the perfect combination of healthy and “homey” that will make you come back for more!

average

Location: 416 West Main Street, Charlottesville, VA 22903

Hours of operation: Mon-Fri 10am to 7pm, Sat 9am to 6pm, Sun closed