From Greek gyros to Vietnamese pho, The North Market in Columbus provides an array of food that will satisfy any craving. Here are a few of the various finger-licking options available:

DINING

Best of the Wurst

What is it:

Specializing in local, farm-raised meat to create the most delectable all-beef hot-dogs, German-style brats, fresh burgers and sandwiches. Find them near the northwest entrance overlooking Park Street.

What to get:

It’s hard to go wrong here, but there’s one creative dish that you can’t miss. The Gangam-style hot dog consists of an all-beef dog underneath sweet and vinegary kimchee, an Asian radish pickle and a sprinkling of seaweed on top. This exotic take on an American classic will be sure to win over your taste-buds.

North Market ethnic food restaurants

Photo Courtesy of Crave Editor

Firdous Express

What is it:

Serving authentic Greek cuisine including Greek salad, hummus, falafel, shawarma, kefta, tabouli and various types of rice. You can find Firdous across from Hubert’s Polish Cuisine on the Spruce Street side of the Market.

What to get:

If you haven’t treated yourself to a traditional Greek gyro, please do yourself a favor and try one ASAP. This is where a sandwich and a burrito come together to create a flawless combination of meat, lettuce, tomatoes, hummus, tzatziki sauce and feta cheese. Choose between lamb or chicken and prepare yourself to commit to a life spent with many more gyros to come because this wonder of a wrap will hook you forever.

North Market ethnic food restaurants

Photo Courtesy of Just Food Photos

Little Eater

What is it:

A place that succeeds in creating healthy yet indulgent eats, the Little Eater will be sure to satisfy your appetite without leading to any post-meal regrets. Find this nutritious spot at the North end of the market between North Market Cookware and Firdous Express.

What to get:

This elegant little sandwich is jam-packed with poached beets, avocado, pickled onions, chevre and citrus dressed greens. If that’s not enough for you, spoil yourself with their homemade flakey buttermilk cheddar biscuits with a generous serving of honey butter on top!

North Market ethnic food restaurants

Photo Courtesy of Little Eater

Lan Viet

What is it:

Delicious and authentic Vietnamese cuisine that is both healthful and full of flavor. Find Lan Viet at the Northwest corner of the Market, where you will revel in the variety of Vietnamese soups, spring rolls, grilled meat with rice and vermicelli, bean sprout salad, and other traditional Vietnamese dishes.

What to Get:

Although truly everything served here is delicious, you can’t pass up on their traditional pho soup. It consists of broth, rice noodles, an array of fresh herbs and your choice of chicken or beef. It also comes with a variety of sauces you can add to the broth for extra flavor. This comforting dish is sure to warm you up in the coming winter months.

North Market ethnic food restaurants

Photo Courtesy of NoisyNoodler

Hot Chicken Takeover

What is it:

All natural chicken sourced from Ohio farms and fried to perfection. Choose between drumsticks, wings, a sandwich and more. You can select the level of spice depending on what you can handle, and add on various sides. Come find them on the second floor of North Market in the space formerly known as the NoMa Kitchen.

What to get:

This picture says more than any words ever could. Tender, juicy chicken meat with a crispy layer of spice goes perfectly with a humble side of mac n cheese and coleslaw. Be sure to grab a glass of the complimentary homemade sweet tea and some bread pudding for dessert.

North Market ethnic food restaurants

Photo Courtesy of sophidasaelim

SWEET TREATS

Taste of Belgium

What is it:

Taste of Belgium is making both sweet and savory spins on this simple fare, providing classics like the chicken and waffle to something more gourmet like their lavender sugar and lemon curd waffle. You can find them at the northwest aisle of the market next to Flavors of India and across from Pam’s Market Popcorn.

What to get:

Although everything here is undoubtedly a win, stick to the classic of a banana nutella waffle and you are sure to satisfy every sweet craving in the book. From the sugary, dense waffle to the sweet banana with a drizzle of nutella on top, it’s hard to pass up this awarding combo.

North Market ethnic food restaurants

Photo Courtesy of luckeyfrog

Destination Donuts

What is it:

Just the title in itself should be enough to get you here. The owner of Destination Donuts, Heather Morris recently won the Donut Showdown on the Cooking Channel and her treats are far from your classic conception of a donut. She offers flavors including apricot-pistachio, ginger-peach wasabi, thai-peanut and more. Don’t be intimidated by these eclectic combos however, because she has a variety of donuts that’ll suit any desire. You can find Heather next door to Pam’s Market Popcorn at the Southwest end of the building.

What to get:

I can’t simply pick one- come to this stand and choose for yourself, you will not regret it. She even has vegan donuts.

North Market ethnic food restaurants

Photo Courtesy of thetallfitgirl

Jeni’s Splendid Ice Cream

What is it:

Creamy, decadent ice cream boasting with wild flavors. Jeni doesn’t hold back when it comes to the various blends of wholesome ingredients that she uses to create the most exquisite takes on this traditional treat. You can find flavors ranging from salty caramel and darkest chocolate, to churro and sweet-potato praline. Jeni also offers a variety of ice cream sandwiches and frozen yogurt to appeal to any craving. Find her shop on the east side of the market, right across from the Greener Grocer, and just inside the main doors.

What to get:

Indulge in a winning combo of lavender and almond brittle. With a crispy-sweet piece of waffle cone on the side, this dessert will be sure to leave a smile on your face.

North Market ethnic food restaurants

Photo Courtesy of olcrom

Pistacia Vera

What is it:

Classic French desserts including macarons, croissants, cakes and more. These treats are equally as delicious as they are beautiful. Find them in the northwest corner of the Market next to The Fish Guys.

What to get:

With classic flavors like pistachio and mocha hazelnut to more creative concoctions like fig walnut and pear brandy, you’ll be able to treat yourself to more than one because of their small size.

North Market ethnic food restaurants

Photo Courtesy of trena_shep

What are you waiting for? Get yourself to the North Market ASAP. It’s open Sunday & Monday from 10AM to 5PM and Tuesday through Saturday from 9AM to 7PM. Located at: 59 Spruce St. Columbus, OH 43215

North Market ethnic food restaurants

Photo Courtesy of The North Market