Fall has begun which means new food specials will be served at your favorite restaurants on campus. Different restaurants on campus spice up their menu by adding one or two new items. This season it’s all about seeing what you can make with pumpkin. Here are some Fall Specials that you must try; you never know you may just Fall in love. 

Kaldi's Coffee

1. Baked Maple Pumpkin Latte

cream, coffee, cream cheese, pumpkin, cinnamon
Olivia Katz

Everyone knows that Kaldis is the go to café on campus. When your running in between classes and need a pick me up to stay awake or meeting with someone for a quick lunch, Kaldis is the place to go. The next time you go and want to try something a little bit out of your comfort zone order the Baked Maple Pumpkin Latte, it tastes just like Fall. 

2. Chocolate Chai Latte

coffee, espresso, cappuccino, milk, tea, cream, mocha
Olivia Katz

If you are a fan of chai you should definitely try this latte the next time you go to Kaldis. This latte has the perfect mix of skim milk, chai, and Ghirardelli chocolate. If you like something that tastes milky with a hint of flavor added to it you you should get this.

3. Pumpkin Bread

bread, sweet, dairy product, cake, pastry, toast, butter
Zaina Gowani

Everyone knows that you can never go wrong with one of the pastries from Kaldis. The pumpkin bread is so soft that it breaks in your hands when you pick it up. Its the perfect snack for when you're studying at the Depot. If you're looking to try this special try going to the Kaldis at the Depot because I've noticed that it's available more here than at the Kaldis located in the DUC. 

Ali's Cookies

1. Pumpkin Ice Cream 
ice, caramel, cream, dairy product, milk, sweet
Olivia Katz

If you're looking for something sweet Ali's Cookies is always the place to go on campus. They freshly bake their cookies everyday and have delicious ice cream flavors. Not gonna lie, I was a little hesitant about trying this flavor when I saw it because I had never seen something like this before. To my surprise it actually tasted really good. It was really refreshing and something different. 

2. Pumpkin Cookie

cake, sweet, cream, pastry, bread, chocolate
Olivia Katz

Cookie, pumpkin, and glaze all in one, what can get better?  Maybe making it into an ice cream sandwich with pumpkin ice cream in between. 

The General Muir:

1. Honey Fig Cheesecake

fig, sweet, cake
Olivia Katz

The General Muir is one of the most popular restaurants near Emory; every weekend there are lines out the door. If you're a cheesecake lover then you must try this. The crust is perfectly cooked and the pie has figs which is an ingredient you don't find to often in deserts. The picture says it all, get in my belly!

2. Pumpkin Spice Latte

milk, cream, coffee, cappuccino, espresso, pudding, sweet, chocolate, dairy product
Olivia Katz

Pair this pumpkin spice latte with a cookie or bagel from the General Muir and you'll be in for a treat. On a cold day there's nothing better than a hot drink to warm you up. 

3. Salted Caramel Latte

A photo posted by S A R A (@beantownsara) on

A salted caramel latte tastes like dessert in a drink. If you're in the mood for something sweet and are tired of your normal latte then I would 100% say go for this special. I mean you can never go wrong with coffee.