Shake Shack opened its first Baltimore location Monday, February 16th on 400 East Pratt Street, conveniently across from The National Aquarium and right off I-83. Growing up in Northern New Jersey, I have always been only a twenty-minute car ride away from New York’s famous original Shake Shack.

As a fan of their tasty Angus beef burgers, crinkle-cut fries and creamy homemade custard, you can imagine my excitement when I learned last year that Shake Shack was about to be brought to the Inner Harbor, only fifteen minutes away from Loyola.

Drool bib would come in handy right about now. #shackfan pic by @ifat23. #shakeshack

A photo posted by SHAKE SHACK (@shakeshack) on

Shake Shack began as a small hot dog cart in Madison Square Park in Manhattan. For three summers, customers lined up daily to get their hands on their one-of-a-kind burgers. After being so successful, Shake Shack won a bid to open a permanent kiosk in the park.  Now you can find Shake Shack around the world from Boston to Dubai, and finally now they’ve arrived in Baltimore.

Never been to Shake Shack before? The atmosphere feels like a community and is perfect for a roomie outing or a place to bring your visiting families. Similar to all other Shake Shack locations, the whole restaurant is environmentally friendly including the tables and booths, which are made from recycled wood.

Holy Shake Shack, Batman. Shot courtesy of #shackfan @gilliehouston. #shakeshack A photo posted by SHAKE SHACK (@shakeshack) on

The Baltimore Shake Shack is serving their custom burgers, hot dogs, frozen-custards and other meals fit for a college kid. They are also introducing two frozen custard flavors specific to Baltimore: “Pratt St. Pie oh My” and the “Salty Balty”.

The Pratt St. Pie oh My is vanilla custard combined with a slice of blueberry pancake pie made by Baltimore’s own Dangerously Delicious Pies. The Salty Balty is a mixture of chocolate and vanilla custard infused with chocolate truffle cookie dough, cheesecake blondie and sea salt.

Finally! It’s proper frozen custard weather in NYC. How to celebrate? Look to #shackfan @nevrous. #shakeshack

At the grand opening, employees were handing out samples of both of these new concretes. I definitely recommend trying the “Salty Balty”.  21 or older?  Wine and beer is also being served.  Now give me a reason why you haven’t been yet.

Can’t get Shake Shack off your mind? Here are some other related articles: