Calling all coffee lovers! Drop your overrated pumpkin spice lattes and get your hands on a real cup of coffee at The French Press right here at Rutgers University. Originally from Lakewood, New Jersey, this coffee shop recently opened in the Chabad House on College Ave, New Brunswick. The shop is overflowing with 15 all-natural variations of coffee which have absolutely no artificial flavor added because The French Press wants to ensure an authentic coffee experience for everyone who needs that extra pick-me-up.

French Press Coffee Rutgers Mood

Photo by Tristen Wallace

So what’s their secret to such great coffee? Rob Betesh, owner and coffee connoisseur, passionately explains that because the shop is a micro roaster, the shop handpicks and purchases smaller lots of coffee beans from farmers across the globe who provide the shop with quality beans. To get the most flavor out of these beans, the coffee shop then roasts smaller batches resulting in better taste. Betesh’s expert knowledge of how to properly roast each bean at a specific degree plays a huge role in making their coffee unique. The coffee beans are freshly roasted and brewed to perfection for every order with the help of trained baristas, like Lee Levinson. Let’s see a Starbucks do that!

French Press Coffee Rutgers Mood

Photo by Tristen Wallace

With its inviting atmosphere and friendly staff, The French Press seriously knows how to make high-quality coffee that is Spoon approved. So thank you, French Press, for being so brew-tiful and for making delicious coffees that help expresso customers’ mood.

Guatemalan Antigua

French Press Coffee Rutgers Mood

gif courtesy OSNAPITZNESSIE.TUMBLR.COM

If you’re feeling adventurous and finally want to know how coffee is supposed to taste, order a cup of this milk chocolaty and slightly nutty house coffee that will make you a French Press regular.

Ethiopian Yirgacheffe 

French Press Coffee Rutgers Mood

gif courtesy of TUMBLR.COM

If you’re in a cheerful mood, then this fruity, tea-like coffee is right for you because it’s “bowl of Fruity Pebbles” flavor is the boost you’ll need to stay in your good mood all day. To also keep the good times rolling you can try a chocolate donut sandwich with Nutella and coffee ice cream.

Indonesian Flores

French Press Coffee Rutgers Mood

gif courtesy of FYSPRINGFIELD.COM

Finally in the mood to be productive and study? Hit up the library with this pecan and vanilla bean coffee. With its longer finish, your taste buds will be satisfied for hours so you don’t have to leave your work to get another cup.

Cold Brew

French Press Coffee Rutgers Mood

gif courtesy of WHATSHOULDGEORGIACALLME.TUMBLR.COM

When you’re feeling a little hung over or just completely drained, this coffee is perfect for your mid-day comeback. Since it’s double drip, it’s extremely strong and will definitely wake you up in no time. Another great way to get you caffeine fix is with some Healthy Banana Coffee Chip Breakfast Cookies to start your morning.

Hot Chocolate

French Press Coffee Rutgers Mood

gif courtesy of GOOGLE.COM

If you’re not in the mood for a coffee, The French Press makes a deliciously rich hot chocolate made from real melted chocolate. Don’t like the typical chocolate choice? They also offer hot white chocolate. And if you really love hot chocolate, heres a recipe to make Creamy Homemade Hot Chocolate.