When I first discovered Emmy Squared during the first semester of my freshman year at Emory, it instantly became one of my favorite restaurants in Atlanta. They offer so many different types of pizza, unique appetizers, and more!

I knew it was going to be one of my go-to places at Emory for when I wanted a great meal, and this still holds true today. I was even more excited when finding out they opened a location near my hometown! If you have been looking for deep-dish pizza near Emory or just pizza in general, Emmy Squared is the place for you. 

Appetizers

Emmy Squared has loads of appetizers ranging from a delicious baked ziti skillet with Banza pasta to crispy and cheesy garlic sticks. If that doesn’t make your mouth water, I don’t know what will.

On top of these amazing options, they also offer a variety of salads that are great for sharing. I personally love their classic Caesar Salad, which includes romaine, anchovy-caesar dressing, and sprizolina, which is a very unique touch.

If you are not a Caesar person, they also offer a Spinach & Mushroom Salad, Brussels Sprouts Salad, or even their Huge Hot Chicken Wedge Salad. I can guarantee you will be left staring at the menu wanting all of the appetizers in sight. 

Emily Greiff

Main Courses 

Before we get to the pizza, I also wanted to share Emmy Squared's alternative options for people who might not be in the mood. But seriously, who isn’t always in the mood for pizza?

Emmy Squared is also known for its Burgers + Sandwiches section on the menu. Their acclaimed burgers are served on a pretzel bun and come with crispy waffle fries. Their Le Big Matt Burger includes a double-stack of beef patties, American cheese, greens, pickles, and their signature sammy sauce.

This burger is so good that it was ranked as one of the top 20 best burgers in NYC. Another great option is their Chicken Parm Sandwich, which includes tomato sauce, mozzarella, and basil. These are only a few sandwiches from the list, but the rest look equally amazing. 

Pizza 

Since we have already exhausted the menu up until this point, now we can move on to the real reason you are reading this article: the pizza!

Emmy Squared’s pizza is a perfect combination of cheese and sauce with an impeccable crunchy crust. Some of the reasons I love their pizza is that it is cut into squares and made in a deep-dish style. My personal favorites are the corner slices because you get double the crust in each slice!

Every time I go to Emmy Squared, I always get the Vodka Pizza. This pizza consists of their house-made vodka sauce, basil, and pecorino. I am not joking when I say it is one of the best vodka sauces you will ever taste, and putting it on pizza is simply genius in my opinion.

I always leave wanting more and absolutely love taking leftovers (if there's anything left) to eat the next day. Another great option is their classic Margherita Pizza, which includes red sauce, chunks of burrata, and basil. Their pizzas are no joke, and the pictures below will prove it. 

Desserts 

Just when you thought this article had exhausted the menu, there is always dessert! While I wasn’t expecting to be impressed with Emmy Squared's dessert options, I can confidently say that they exceeded my expectations.

Their Family-Style Banana Pudding was actually the reason I started liking banana pudding in the first place. My friends convinced me I would love it, and it is now one of my favorite desserts.

This banana pudding has an incredible combination of creaminess and lightness, while also providing a delicious crunch with the wafers spread throughout. They also offer Family-Style Chocolate Pudding and a Zeppole dessert, which is fried pizza dough dusted with cinnamon sugar that comes with a side of cream cheese mousse. If banana pudding is not your thing, then this dessert will definitely satisfy your sweet tooth cravings. 

Emmy Squared is one of those restaurants that you will dream of going back to for days to come. I always find myself craving it while at school, and I love trying new things on their menu every

time I go. Make sure to check it out next time you are in Atlanta or near Emory’s Campus!