Satyaniketan's socially conscious cafe Echoes is now finally a thing in Hudson Lane and this is definitely one of the best news for all the North Campus foodies out there!

Aditya Rao

The striking feature about Echoes is that they hire differently-abled (usually deaf and dumb) people as their staff, therefore, giving them an opportunity to empower themselves and help create an understanding environment between the customers and the staff. An array of instructions ranging from "please get the menu" to "call the manager" are provided on each table to facilitate communication.

Bhavya Sahay

The place has refreshing vibes with a great list of trendy music along with warm interiors, rustic and eclectic furniture and classy wooden floors making the place quite inviting and giving it a cozy homely feeling. The separate area outside overlooking the entire cafe lane in Hudson is the added bonus. 

Bhavya Sahay

The staff here is absolutely amazing and happy to help, not allowing their disability be a problem of any sort. There's a unique and eye-catching display of alphabets denoted in sign language that hangs just beside the stairs leading to the second floor making the place spacious enough to host a large group of people. 

Aditya Rao

This place has become quite popular as the food is scrumptious and the service is quick. They serve all your favorite comfort foods, be it Nachos, Fries, Pizzas, Shakes, or Waffles. Moreover, they serve a mix of Continental, Mexican, American, Italian, Chinese and Indian food, catering to all your moods and needs.

We tried some of their recommended items and were honestly not disappointed and we're sure you won't be either.

Classic Butter Chicken Thali

Aditya Rao

Because who doesn't like butter chicken? The rich creamy gravy is served with two lachha paranthas, onions, chutney, a mutton kebab and one pappad. The perfect platter for butter chicken lovers.

Ferrero Rocher Shake

Aditya Rao

I mean your favorite chocolate, turned into a shake. What else could you want? It's the perfect thickness with enough ferrero rocher chunks to keep you munching and happy.

Everything Chinese Dabba

Aditya Rao

There's something for the vegetarians as well! This dabba has amazing veg momos (I mean even I liked them despite being a hard core non-vegetarian, so that's saying something), a chilly paneer gravy along with veg noodles. Absolutely YUM.

Breakfast in Delhi

Bhavya Sahay

If you're craving Indian food for breakfast, look no more. This meal includes dal makhani, paneer, chur-chur naan, raita, chai, gud (jaggery) and lots of onions on the side. No breakfast is better than the one done the desi way. 

Kit Kit And Brownie Shake

Bhavya Sahay

The shakes here are thick, flavorful and fresh. The brownie chunks in the shake were not at all soggy, just the way I fancy.

Kanwar's Fishy Start

Bhavya Sahay

Presenting the ultimate breakfast for a non-vegetarian with fish in cream sauce, stirred vegetables, two eggs and a sausage and freshly squeezed pulpy orange juice. 

Echoes' new outlet at Hudson Lane is a wonderful amalgamation of aesthetic decor and appetizing food. Plus, this cafe has two floors (and an elevator to take you right up) as compared to the one in Satyaniketan.

Aditya Rao

Overall, if you’re looking for some delicious and affordable food after classes and a chill place to hang out at, this is definitely the place to be!

Address: 2522, 2nd & 3rd Floor, Hudson Lane, GTB Nagar, New Delhi.

Price for two:  INR 600 (approx)