There are many food markets in New York City — Chelsea Market, Smorgasburg, Fulton Street Market, and more. Now, get ready for Canal Street Market — a merge of shopping and food in the Downtown NYC area. This indoor market, which is right in the middle of Soho and Chinatown, is open all year-round and includes cool retail and delicious food vendors.

Shopping Area

Sabrina Yu

Canal Street Market is separated into three main areas: the food court, dining area, and an area filled with retail booths. There are many small retail vendors that sell jewelry and clothing. The vibe is very similar to the indoor markets in Soho. 

Dining Areas

Sabrina Yu

There were a couple of areas set aside for the customers to sit and stand around to eat after they order food. This allows the customers to "sit" and eat their food while being away from the activity of foot traffic near the food vendors. 

The FOOD  

Yanira Rivera

I was delighted with the amount and quality of the food vendors that were in Canal Street Market. Vendors included: Ippudo, Oppa, Boba Guys, Davey's Ice Cream, Nom Wah Kuai and more. Unsurprisingly, the food was delicious, and this place is great to pop in and grab a quick lunch before running to work or school. The market also serves as a convenient place to hang out with your friends by stuffing yourself with dinner, dessert, and bubble tea. And when you're done, you can easily head over to Chinatown or Soho for more foodie adventures. 

Yanira Rivera

Canal Street Market is a great place to check out because it offers great food and a cool area for shopping. This gem is a great addition to the Chinatown area and once you visit, you'll find yourself coming back again and again. Come check it out now. 

Sabrina Yu