This winter break, my family and I spent a week in beautiful Naples, Florida. While the sunset views were breathtaking, the real star of the show was the food. We took advantage of the diverse dining options available to us, resulting in a delicious and quite thorough food tour of the area. These were our highlights. 

#1. Vergina

This Italian restaurant is located in the heart of Naples on Fifth avenue. On the menu, you'll find a variety of salads, pastas, pizzas, and other entrees. Although the decision was extremely difficult, I settled on the four cheese & pear fiocchi. This dish was unlike anything I’ve ever had; a coin-purse-shaped pasta, filled with a delicious sweet and savory combination. The pear flavor was such a surprisingly pleasant contrast with the cheese. I was so glad I left my comfort zone and tried something new with this dish. My family’s orders included chicken marsala, caesar salad, and Vergina’s specialty pizza, which featured fresh mozzarella, spicy salami, and parmigiano reggiano. To round out our meal, we split an order of their wonderful tiramisu, a personal favorite of mine.

Sophie Packman

#2. Southern Style Kitchen And Cocktails

At Southern Style, the menu presents classic southern dishes with a fun, modern twist. The restaurant is located in Tin City, a fun area with restaurants and shops adjacent to the waterfront boardwalk. For the table, my family split the house special wings. I ordered a burger with sweet potato fries, and was not disappointed. The dish that really blew me away, however, was their hot Nashville mac and cheese. My brother ordered this dish after the waiter recommended it, which we soon learned was for good reason. The dish was far beyond your average mac and cheese, featuring buffalo buttermilk fried chicken and a blue cheese and cheddar blend. 

Sophie Packman

#3. K-Rico Mexican Grill

Also nestled in Tin City, K-Rico is a street-food-inspired Mexican restaurant. We ordered guacamole and salsa for the table, which came with their homemade corn tortilla chips. I am usually a guac girl, but the tomatillo salsa was particularly delicious here. I ordered their version of a taco salad, which included dirty rice, pulled chicken, pico de gallo, guac, and their house chipotle sauce, all served in a tortilla bowl. I always love a good taco salad or burrito bowl, and this was definitely a great one.

Sophie Packman

#4. Spanky’s Speakeasy

This restaurant was easily my favorite dining experience of our trip. Spanky’s is a Little Rascal’s inspired restaurant that delivers across the board. When entering the space, you are engulfed by the decked-out restaurant, decorated with model planes and all kinds of old-school decor. On the menu, you'll find classic American food, from a full salad bar to steaks and everything in between. I got the New York strip sandwich, which was a perfect New York strip steak on a hoagie roll with sautéed mushrooms, lettuce, onion, tomato, and a pickle. Great food and a great ambiance - there's nothing more you can ask for!

Sophie Packman

#5. Celebration Park Naples

The last restaurant I decided to feature is actually not a restaurant at all - it's an outdoor food truck park. Celebration Park delivers as a can't-miss destination. There are over six delicious food trucks to choose from at the park, as well as a full outdoor bar. I ordered a delicious salad that had watermelon radish, goat cheese, avocado, and honey grilled chicken all tied together with a lemon honey vinaigrette. My brothers ordered from an Indian fusion truck and their mango lassis were incredible. Finally, my parents got greek fries that were absolutely divine, loaded with seasoned feta and a wonderful house tzatziki sauce. 

Sophie Packman