The famed EARL Sandwich in Kaimuki has been adored by locals for years. With that being said, it's no surprise that a new EARL Sandwich has newly opened in the trendy, freshly developed Kaka'ako area. Spoon Hawaii had the pleasure of attending the grand opening of EARL Kaka'ako, and we can't wait to show you what new menu items (as well as classic favorites) this new location has to offer!

Corina Quach

Apps

Don't miss out on the new 'ono appetizer options at EARL Kaka'ako—the Nachos with chorizo, cream, refried beans, Oaxaca cheese sauce, roasted poblanos, tomatillo salsa, cheddar and cotija, HOTS, and green onion; Shrimp Toast (the Kaka'ako store's take on the Avocado Toast served at EARL Kaimuki) which consists of a spicy buttered ciabatta, avocado, shrimp salad, EVOO, balsamic, lemon zest, and crushed red pepper; EARL's popular Potato Salad, and the double-fried garlic fries with a sriracha-tzatziki dipping sauce. The Spoon Hawaii team tasted the nachos and fries and, although both were devoured equally as fast, the double-fried garlic fries with sriracha-tzatziki sauce was a unique favorite—the perfectly crunchy and garlic-y fries were the perfect accompaniment to the delicious dill tzatziki sauce with the familiar sweet spice from the sriracha sauce.  

Corina Quach
Corina Quach

Sides/Salad

Other yummy new menu fare includes salads such as The Stu, with pesto, creamy parmesan dressing, romaine, tomato, cucumber, avocado, croutons, and turkey salad; the Chopped Salad, made with creamy avocado cilantro dressing, iceberg lettuce, tomato, avocado, bacon, onion, hard boiled egg, and croutons.

Sandwiches

Also, new sandwiches (let's be honest, it's what you came here for) such as the Short Rib Torta, stuffed in true EARL fashion with Oaxaca cheese sauce, roasted poblano, tomatillo salsa, pickled carrot, refried beans, lettuce, cilantro, tomato, hot sauce, and braised short rib; the Roast Pork, filled to the brim with EARL's famous tomato jam, grilled onions, roasted garlic mayo, cilantro, tomato, avocado, and roast pork; the Kebob, which boasts ground beef kebob, harissa, tzatziki, feta cheese, tomato, lettuce, and red onion; the Veggie Sub (calling all vegetarians!), made with basil mayo, whole grain mustard, cucumber, tomato, spinach, hard boiled egg, avocado, EVOO and balsamic; Fun Beets, filled with goat cheese, pesto, mushroom, beets, tomato, cucumber, spinach, fennel, onion marmalade, spinach, EVOO and balsamic; the Almond Joy (PSA, vegans!), which features hip vegan almond ricotta, roasted eggplant, roasted red bell pepper, avocado, tomato, cucumber, spinach, EVOO and balsamic; the Pork Belly Marinara, stuffed with marinara, succulent pork belly, mozzarella, provolone, tomato jam, and horseradish mayo; the Italian Club, whose ingredients include ham, turkey, salami, bacon, pesto mayo, spicy butter, roasted eggplant, roasted red pepper, provolone, lettuce, and tomato; the Steak: roasted tri-tip, roasted garlic mayo, sweet pickled bell peppers, beef braised onions, creamy blue cheese mushrooms, and tomato; and the Nashville Fried Chicken Po Boy (for those sweet cheat days): buttermilk fried chicken tossed in hot sauce, remoulade sauce, pickes, and tomato.  

Corina Quach

Don't worry, old-timers. EARL Kaka'ako hasn't forgotten the EARL Sandwich classics that every EARL lover can't live without. Behold, The Drew: chock-full of pastrami, tomato jam, horseradish mayo, Swiss cheese, whole grain mustard, house-made pickle, and tomato. And last but not least, the Turkey Jam Sam: turkey salad, bacon jam (another EARL savory jam favorite), basil mayo, pickle, tomato, and spinach.

Corina Quach

Dinner (After 5 PM)

If you aren't feeling sandwiches, the first-ever EARL Burger, the Chili Relleno Burger, and Hash Fries are new dinner additions to the EARL Kaka'ako menu that are sure to satisfy any set of tastebuds.  

Drinks

EARL Kaka'ako hasn't forgotten the original EARL Kaimuki's signature drinks. Becky's Sweet Tea, Guava Green Tea, and the new Lilikoi Lemonade and Cold Brew Coffee can be purchased as a refreshing addition to your sandwich and/or fries and/or salad and/or burger meal. Order it all, we won't judge!

Joy Wang

Mahalos to EARL Sandwich for having Spoon Hawaii at the Kaka'ako store grand opening. We hope you check out EARL Kaka'ako next time you're nearby and tag us on Instagram @spoon_hawaii. Don't forget to tell us in the comments/caption why you love EARL Sandwich!

Corina Quach