Duck Duck Goat is another one of Iron Chef and celebrity cook Stephanie Izard's creations. Unlike its sister restaurants - Little Goat and Girl & the Goat - Duck Duck Goat focuses on Chinese cuisine. And of course, I had to try it for myself.

Location & Vibe

Duck Duck Goat is open between 4:30-11 p.m. on weekdays at 857 West Fulton Market. The eatery is near other well-known restaurants like Momotaro and The Publican. For all you brunch-aficionados: Weekend dim sum brunch starts at 11 a.m. (with authentic dishes like wood-fired duck hearts and duck tongues). 

You'll immediately understand why the restaurant is labeled "hip" as soon as you walk in, with its fairy lights wrapped around the bar and different themed rooms in each corner. I sat in the room with pink floral walls and mirrors.

Drinks

Duck Duck Goat offers both alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks, which are listed on the menu. Its signature drinks is "boozy bubble tea," which is bubble tea mixed with alcohol (you can choose between vodka, whiskey, rum or gin).

According to some servers, the most popular bubble tea flavors are "Send Me Your Location" (rum, pu-erh tea, mango puree, coconut clement, lime, sweet cream) and "The Green Hornet" (gin, curacao, matcha milk, soda). Both are priced at $10 each.

Overall Menu 

The menu consists of Chinese dim sum dishes, along with fried rice and noodle options. The noodles are made from scratch, making them even more tempting. The Peking Duck is not always available, but the servers say customers leave feeling good after trying it. It is a large dish, so it'd be best to order when you go in a big group.

Other popular menu items include Char Siu Bao, Xiao Long Bao, Duck Fried Rice and Green Beans in Black Bean Sauce.

Char Siu Bao  

Jamie Hwang

Char Siu Bao is a steamed bun with a barbecue pork filling. It's as filling as it looks, so choose wisely when ordering. 

Xiao Long Bao 

pork, chicken, soup
Jamie Hwang

These soup dumplings are filled with pork and crab. Be careful not to spill the soup while you're moving one to your mouth (I definitely did).

Duck Fried Rice

pepper, chicken, pork, egg, fried rice, rice
Jamie Hwang

Made with jasmine rice and accompanied with a soft-boiled duck egg, the duck fried rice has a pretty strong taste. Make sure to get some vegetables with this one.

Green Beans in Black Bean Sauce

shrimp, calamari, seafood, squid
Jamie Hwang

These green beans are a great side dish, but the portion is bigger than you'd expect. I'd recommend ordering this on the side if you're trying some new dishes. That way, you have something to balance everything out. 

Available for Delivery, too!

If you're feeling too lazy to leave your bed, Duck Duck Goat also offers free delivery from 4:30 p.m. until 9:30 p.m.. Between it's unique atmosphere and house-made noodles, you should definitely add this to your restaurant bucket list.