The Grand Central Market is a historical landmark that first opened its doors back in 1917. With over 100 years of rich history, the Market represents the best that Los Angeles has to offer. It is place to visit for any foodie and tourists looking to satisfy their taste buds with a wide variety of foods in a culturally rich environment. 

Here are some of the best and most popular stands in the market:

1. McConnell's Fine Ice Creams

JACQUELINE MONCHEZ

For almost seven decades, McConnell's from Santa Barbara, CA has been making some of the best ice cream around with the highest quality products. With only a few locations in Los Angeles, make sure to stop by their stand right in the middle of the Grand Central Market for some of the best, creamiest, decadent ice cream in LA, like this delicious cookies 'n cream scoop shown above. For more on McConnell's rich history, visit the company's website to learn about the founders and their product philosophy. 

2. Eggslut 

JACQUELINE MONCHEZ

Home to arguably the most Instagramable breakfast sandwich out there and the famous "slut", a coddled egg atop potato puree in a cute little jar, Eggslut is a must try for any breakfast lover.  The immensely popular eatery, with its dedicated egg-centric breakfast menu, has several locations around Los Angeles, including one in Venice Beach. Check out their Instagram page @eggslut, that boasts more than 145,000 followers.

3. Anna Maria Comida Mexicana

JACQUELINE MONCHEZ

If you want your Mexican food fix, Ana Maria's is the go to spot. Ana Maria serves up many Mexican favorites such as tortas, flautas, gorditas, burritos and more with a great selection of meats and toppings. Located towards the Hill Street entrance to the market, you will know you've reached Anna Maria's when you see the enormous line of customers. 

JACQUELINE MONCHEZ

With more than thirty food stands and decades of history, the Grand Central Market is the place to visit in Los Angeles. It's open 7 days a week from 8am to 10pm. Hop on the metro expo line from campus straight to Downtown to check this place out.