I’m unapologetically that friends that wants to bring their pup everywhere. If there’s outdoor seating at a restaurant, you can bet I’ll be there with my fur-child. Almost anywhere you go in St. Pete is dog friendly. But does Fido really enjoy watching you brunch through bottomless mimosas when there’s nothing in it for them? Luckily, the St. Pete area has an amazing array of foods for both you and your pup. 

#1. Starbucks

tea, sake, coffee, Starbucks coffee, cookie, laptop, notebook, study area, Starbucks
Shelby Cohron

Starbucks is anyone’s guilty pleasure, including your dog’s. Ask a barista at any Starbucks near you for a Puppuccino and they’ll give you a cup filled with their whipped cream for free. Now, spending a day doing homework at Starbucks sipping that favorite seasonal seasonal drink of yours, can be spent with your pup too!

#2. Sweet Sage Cafe

beer, coffee
Meg Browder

This popular brunch spot is perfect before the beach or just when you want a lavish waffle. Their “waffle daffles” are truly an art form of fluffy whipped cream, fruits, and syrups atop a waffle larger than life. In case their funky dog decor doesn’t scream “dog friendly,” their “Canine Cuisine” menu will. Pups can get everything from beggin strips to bagels with cream cheese and salmon. There’s something for every dog's taste!

16725 Gulf Blvd, North Redington Beach, FL 33708

#3. Rita’s Italian Ice

Rita’s Italian Ice has shops across the country and Pinellas County is lucky enough to have 3. Rita’s Italian Ice is perfect for a hot day, which in Florida, is pretty much everyday. So don’t leave Fido at home, ask for a Pup Cup! Their Seminole and Court St. locations fill cups with a bit of vanilla custard and sprinkle with some mini Milk-Bones. I take my dog here so often, he knows the word “Rita’s.”

Clearwater: 1010 Court St, Clearwater, FL 33756

Seminole: 13147 86th Ave N, Seminole, FL 33776

#4. Cassis American Brasserie

coffee, tea, apple, beer
Haley Haman

This American and French Brasserie is located on the beautiful Beach Drive in downtown St. Pete, aka the perfect spot for a Sunday brunch. Just like Sweet Sage, they have a menu dedicated solely to dogs. Every dish has a dog themed name and crafted with the finest taste buds in mind. Make sure Fido is ready to get their brunch on.

170 Beach Dr NE, St. Petersburg, FL 33701

#5. Swah-Rey

chocolate, coffee, cake
Jean Totti

Swah-Rey is a cozy dessert bar located on Central Ave, with a huge pup presence. From the window, to the wall, there’s dog murals and statues covering every inch. Not only do they have a pup cake made with peanut butter, carrots, and honey, but you are actually allowed to bring Fido inside with you. (hallelujah, air conditioning) If you become a regular or just want to support a good cause, you can have your pup painted on their wall for $100 where half will be donated to Pet Pal Animal Shelter.

2105 Central Ave, St. Petersburg, FL 33713

Dog friendly restaurants aren't enough anymore, your pup wants dog friendly menus too. So, wherever you travel with your friends this weekend, make sure fido gets a day out too, but with his own treat this time.