Seattle's International District is a haven of delectable foods and treats. Dim-sum, boba tea, noodle shops, and poké are just a few delicacies you can choose from, and they are all within a few blocks of each other. For those sweet cravings, Dochi Seattle is a trendy and delicious option. Located within the Uwajimaya food court, customers can choose from their rotating flavors of mochi doughnuts.

Sydney Wan

Owner Jason Le originally opened Dochi in Florida, but worked with his brother Michael to open Dochi Seattle in August 2019. Michael owns goPoké, which is also located in the International District.

COVID-19 Changes

Previously closed due to COVID-19, Dochi Seattle is now open again on Saturday and Sunday from 11am-5pm. Dochi also has a location in Tukwila with longer hours of operation. All staff are wearing masks and following safety standards. You can also find updates on their Instagram, @dochi.seattle.

Flavors & Pricing

I went on a Saturday around noon and had to wait about ten minutes to enter Uwajimaya as there was a customer capacity within the store. When I got to the Dochi stall, I was greeted by the friendly employees. I bought a dozen doughnuts, sampling all of their available flavors: Ube Bae, Ube Glazed, Cookies & Creme with Cookie Butter, Matcha Pistachio, Strawberry Pocky, and Pumpkin Spice. 

I loved the variety of both Asian and Western flavors. I definitely hope to try some of their other popular flavors when they are available again, such as their Fruity Pebble doughnut.

Although I have a major sweet tooth, doughnuts are not usually one of my favorite treats. However, I really enjoyed the dochi and was definitely impressed by the chewy yet light texture of the doughnuts. The use of rice flavor creates the mochi-like texture, and each doughnut is incredibly light and airy. Their bubble shape also makes it easy to share and try all of the different flavors. This treat is perfect for young kids and adults alike.

Sydney Wan

The two ube flavors were both purple on the inside, but the Ube Bae was definitely sweeter than the Ube Glazed. I liked both ube flavors, but overall, my favorites were the Strawberry Pocky, Matcha Pistachio and Cookies & Creme. Not only did they look extremely colorful, but you could immediately taste what flavor each dochi was. The Pumpkin Spice was not as exciting in my opinion but tasted reminiscent of a churro.

An individual dochi costs $2.75, but you can also get a half dozen or dozen. I opted for the $28 dozen so that I could try all of the flavors and share with my family. They also come in a beautiful teal box which made them even more picture perfect. Although these doughnuts are on the pricier side, they definitely taste and look gourmet. 

Sydney Wan

Final Thoughts

If you are ever in Seattle, you definitely have to go check out Dochi. While there are many mochi doughnut chains across the country, Dochi Seattle is definitely unique in their offerings and service. There is a flavor for everybody, and you will not be disappointed. On top of that, you can enjoy these delectable treats while you do some holiday shopping. Just make sure to wear a mask!