Want to find out if those restaurants you've been seeing all over your social media are worth trying? Tulane students' Instagram stories are commonly filled with photos from these 5 NOLA restaurants. Let's find out if these dishes taste as good as they look.

Willa Jean

Daniella Tirse

This popular brunch spot, located in the Warehouse District, serves up classic Southern comfort food. Willa Jean is definitely worth any wait you will encounter for a table. They are famous for their gooey chocolate chip cookies served with milk and a spoonful of cookie dough, but that's not the only star on their menu. The crispy fried chicken biscuit topped with hot honey is an ideal Sunday breakfast in NOLA. 

Sofia NOLA

Daniella Tirse

An ode to Sophia Loren, this energetic elevated Italian restaurant on Julia Street is the perfect dinner spot. Serving up gourmet pizza and pasta, Sofia has many options to choose from. Their beloved Alla Vodka pasta is the perfect level of creamy, spicy, and flavorful. For dessert, the Zeppole dish features fluffy ricotta doughnuts, sprinkled with cinnamon sugar.

Superior Seafood

Daniella Tirse

Serving classic New Orleans cuisine, Superior Seafood is a must-try restaurant. On the corner of St. Charles and Napoleon Avenues, this spot is close to campus and has both indoor and outdoor seating. Their chargrilled oysters, covered in creamy garlic and cheese butter, are some of the best in town. The extensive menu guarantees a great dining experience for tourists and locals. 

Shaya

Paige Morrissey

Located on Magazine Street, this Israeli and Southern fusion restaurant is a family-style dining experience. With six different types of hummus and a long list of small plates, you will want to try everything on the menu. My personal favorite is the Fried Chicken hummus which incorporates a Louisiana staple. Crispy chicken topped on smooth hummus served with their wood-fired pita bread is a dish like none other. Shaya is a unique NOLA restaurant and is beloved by Tulane students. 

Barracuda

Daniella Tirse

The menu of this neighborhood eatery highlights fresh and flavorful Mexican cuisine. This taco stand situated on Tchoupitoulas Street is a counter service establishment with outdoor garden seating. Their menu has a range of tacos, including vegan and vegetarian options. This NOLA restaurant's soft homemade tortillas paired with juicy pork smothered in diced onion and cilantro satisfies the craving for an authentic Mexican meal.