Tucked away in East Thetford, Vermont is a diner that embodies every tenet of classic, family-oriented New England diner. With a cozy interior dotted by an eclectic range of flowers, peace signs, mismatched lace and sunflowers, Isabell’s thrives on a signature quirky charm. Inside the intimate setting is unbeatable service, both friendly and speedy. Dinertoure’s twelve hungry orders were taken and brought out in less than 15 minutes; our stomachs were not grumbling for long.

Photo by Jessica Fedin

Photo by Jessica Fedin

The simplicity of the food and location added to an authentic, agreeable atmosphere. The French toast was light and fluffy, accompanied by butter and maple syrup. The menu is customizable; options include a single, double or triple piece of French toast, omelets with three different cheese options as well as homemade toast and English muffins. The omelet’s cheese to ham ratio was on point, and portions were large, hardy and worth their respective prices. The food seemed fresh and local; fruit is even served seasonally in order to ensure ripeness and quality.

Photo by Jessica Fedin

Photo by Jessica Fedin

I know I am personally guilty of skipping breakfast–it’s easy when you’re running between your 9L to your 10 and afterwards an 11 to forget about the importance of breakfast. Dinertoure, fortunately, puts things in perspective every week by enabling students to get off campus, meet new people, engage in conversation and sit down, relax and have a hearty breakfast the way breakfast was intended to be eaten (not a banana stuffed in your mouth on the way from the library to Silsby). 

Photo by Jessica Fedin

Photo by Jessica Fedin

Nestled in Vermont is a small, snug diner that is easy to drive by, but a must for connoisseurs of breakfast.

cheap

Location: 3052 Rte 5, East Thetford, VT 05043
Hours of Operation: Tuesday-Saturday: 7am-2pm, 4pm-9pm