Whether you’ve lived in Syracuse for years, or you have just arrived for your first semester on campus, chances are you’ve heard a thing or two about our insanely huge mall. To say it simply: Destiny USA has sites ranging from an indoor amusement park to an Armani, and everything in between.

Now, a mall this big must have some pretty serious chow down stations, right? Well, you’re in luck because whether you are shopping, climbing a ropes course, or watching an IMAX movie, you can always look forward to finding some tasty grub along your journey.

Where there’s something for everyone: The Cheesecake Factory

Destiny USA

Photo by Katie Cohen

Have you ever been to one of those places where the menu just overwhelms you because there are too many tasty options to choose from? This is that kind of place. The menu is so expansive that no matter what you’re in the mood for, there will be plenty for you.

Salad, steak, pasta, seafood, you name it, the Factory’s got it. And don’t forget about dessert, especially in the season of the Pumpkin Cheesecake. Personally though, the Peppermint Bark Cheesecake (available only after Thanksgiving and through the holidays) has my heart.

Dish to Try: Santa Fe Salad (The dressing is so good, they sell it to take home. Trust me, you’ll be glad I told you about it).

Destiny USA

Photo by Katie Cohen

For something to spice up your night: Cantina Laredo

Destiny USA

Photo by Katie Cohen

In the mood for some fresh Mexican? This place has got you and your guests covered. With guacamole made fresh at your table and warm chips, how can your meal start off any better?

This “modern mexican” menu is enhanced with a few adventurous creations like the ahi tuna tacos topped with chipotle aioli, jicama slaw, and guacamole (very good), along side many of the classics.

Don’t discount dessert either, the Mexican brownie with pecans and walnuts served in a sizziling skillet with Mexican brandy butter and cinnamon ice cream will blow your mind. And burn your tongue. Please take caution, my friends.

Dish to Try: Tacos de Barbacoa (Better than Chipotle, dare I say?)

For something with a fun atmosphere: Jimmy Buffet’s Margaritaville

Destiny USA

Photo by Katie Cohen

It may seem strange, especially in the dead of winter, to be eating in a place covered in pictures of the beach where the waitresses wear hulla skirts and summertime music is playing in the background. Well the truth is, it is a bit strange. But that doesn’t mean it’s not a whole lot of fun.

Take a load off and teleport to the islands for a night. This place isn’t so much about the food, and it can definitely be a long wait on a Friday night, but let’s face it: everybody needs a beach day every now and again.

Dish to Try: Volcano Nachos (they’re enough to feed your entire psych class).

For something different: The Melting Pot

Destiny USA

Photo by Katie Cohen

Get ready for some serious dipping action. Start with your choice of cheddar, classic alpine (aged gruyère, raclette and fontina cheeses blended with white wine and fresh garlic and finished with a dash of nutmeg…um, yum), or spinach artichoke. You are presented with a vat of gooey goodness to plunge artisan bread and fresh vegetables into.

As if this weren’t enough, we haven’t even talked about the chocolate. Chocolate s’mores dip anyone? Be warned though, this goodness comes at price. Your wallet might not be as happy as your stomach.

Dish to Try: Dark & Dulce (classic chocolate with dark chocolate and sweet dulce de leche topped with a pinch of coarse ground sea salt. Enough said.)

For something quick and sweet: Red Mango

Destiny USA

Photo by Katie Cohen

Craving something sweet on the go? Red Mango has a few more options than the typical fro-yo places. Walking by, it’s easy to be fooled by their line of self-serve handles and classic toppings, but trust me when I say that this place has a bit more going on.

Complete with kale smoothies, and flax seed granola parfaits, Red Mango knows how to keep the frozen yogurt business interesting. Let it be said that there’s no shame of course in opting for the fro-yo. Their pumpkin pie and banana cream pie flavors are here for fall.

Dish to Try: The Honey Badger Fat Burner Smoothie (“It doesn’t care.” That’s literally the caption the website has about it…)

Even if your meal is a bust, don’t give up on this mall. I can assure you that no matter how many times you return, there will always be something new and exciting waiting for you around the corner. Seriously though, it’s just THAT BIG.