On April 20th, Siena came back to Salmanson Dining Hall and people came rushing in record numbers. Three restaurants located in East Greenwich, Providence, and Smithfield form the Siena group, and they are all owned by brothers Anthony and Chris Tarro. They pride themselves on selling “Tuscan comfort food” and are known for their upscale dining.  Not surprisingly, everyone was extremely excited about them coming to Salmo for a second time. Now here’s a recap of all the amazing foods they offered… (do not continue reading if you are hungry because these pictures will make your mouth water).

Prosciutto & Parmesan

Siena

Photo by Brianna Sutherland

Perfect way to start the meal (and eat while you wait in the ten minute entree line.) Toasted bread, delicious and fresh prosciutto, chunks of real cheese, salty olives, and a sweet fig spread. This alone is better than most things I eat for dinner. There were even some Salmo-goers that just ate the prosciutto alone.

Calamari

Siena

Photo by Brianna Sutherland

Next up, was the calamari. This was fried to perfection and was not overly-chewy. It was tossed with peppers, tomatoes, fresh basil and drizzled with balsamic glaze. The only problem with this one was that you could only fit so much on the little plate.

Wedge Salad

Siena

Photo by Brianna Sutherland

Most people passed by this station, but it was wildly underrated. This dish featured a wedge of iceberg with huge chunks of blue cheese, real pieces of bacon, onions, and roasted tomatoes. For those of you who missed this, I feel bad for you because it could rival any other wedge salad you’ve had.

Chicken, Risotto, and Brussels Sprouts

Siena

Photo by Brianna Sutherland

We all know why the line was so long for this stuff. This chicken was so delicious and most and was accompanied by some of the creamiest risotto. If you’re not a huge fan of brussels sprouts, you may have liked these caramelized ones that were packed full of flavor. Also pictured is a piece of pizza that had multiple cheeses, mushrooms, and onions which was to die for. You won’t see this stuff at Ronzio’s, folks.

They also offered a penne a la vodka which was very popular but not pictured in this photo.

Dough Boys

Siena

Photo by Brianna Sutherland

To finish off this amazing spread, what is better than a dough boy? These bad boys were HUGE and covered in cinnamon sugar. Also, they served it with vanilla ice cream because if we’re already indulging, why not go a little further?

Salmo, please continue to make this a regular thing.