This Halloweekend, Deck Waikiki is celebrating the spooky season with some of the best vibes. Spoon Hawaii was invited to participate in the festivities and got to try out some of their fun drinks and dessert. Deck’s 2022 Halloween Celebration is about to be a party all Halloweekend long, and you need to go!

The Drinks

Madelyn Waddell

This weekend is your last chance to grab Deck’s Halloween movie-inspired drinks! Try out the “Redrum” for a Shining inspired double shot that is cotton candy flavored, “The Ring” for a dark and spooky looking old fashioned, or if you want a full red balloon tied to your backward Long Island Iced Tea, try the “Pennywise!” Although, nothing beats sharing with friends, and the “Hocus Pocus Cauldron” is the perfect way to do it. This witchy drink is Deck’s house made limeade paired with the alcohol of your choosing, if you choose to. This chilling drink is served in a legit witches cauldron with dry ice that gets you practicing your witchy cackle.

These creative drinks will definitely get you in the spooky spirit. Run, do not walk for these because time is running out!

Dessert

Madelyn Waddell

Along with drinks, Deck is really going out this holiday season and has added a limited time seasonal dessert list to the menu, of which contain the “Chocolate Basque Cheesecake.” This light chocolate cheesecake is topped with raspberry coulis as well as fresh raspberries, whipped cream, and mint. It is amazingly fluffy and is a must-order for chocolate lovers everywhere.

Also recently added is their “Kabocha Pumpkin Mont Blanc”, a sweet tart of roasted Kobocha pumpkin. Any fan of a good pumpkin spice latte or warm pumpkin cookies will also be a fan of this one. This tart is topped with kombucha puree, whipped cream, caramel, and toasted pumpkin seeds making it the perfect sweet and slightly savory combo.

The newest addition to the menu is the “Ube Creme Brûlée,” which was definitely a crowd pleaser. Made with Okinawan sweet potatoes to flavor the creme brûlée and topped with fresh fruits, it is a perfect ube dessert.

These seasonal desserts will get you feeling all of the warm and cosy fall vibes while never even leaving Hawaii.

Deck Celebrations

Madelyn Waddell

Deck is decked out and ready for this Halloweekend! The place is covered with fun spooky decorations and employees and customers alike in the costume spirit. Speaking of which, this Sunday (10-30-22) be sure to head over in your best garb for the live custom contest that starts at sunset. Winners receive a two night long stay at the Queen Kapiolani Hotel. That same day, Grammy nominated artist Kimie Miner will also be performing. It is going to be a party all weekend long.

Even if it is busy, take advantage of the photo booth while you wait!

Madelyn Waddell

Deck’s 2022 Halloween Celebration is undergoing as we speak and it’s a party. With great drinks, desserts, decorations, live music, I think I just found your Halloweekend plans. Get down here before it’s too late! 

Mahalo to Deck for the invite and for letting us celebrate with you.