If you have ever been to Dallas then you know, Dallas gives off that everything is bigger in Texas feel.  There are so many neighborhoods in Dallas that are completely different from one another.  From Uptown to Downtown, Knox Henderson to Highland Park, there are so many different things to do, places to visit, and food to eat in each one.  Deep Ellum is a neighborhood of Dallas one cannot miss out when visiting.  It has so much character from the beautiful murals lining the streets, unique bars, live music, tattoo shops, and delicious food and drinks.  Expect the unexpected in Deep Ellum because you'll never know what hidden gems you will find.  

Food  

Kelsey Sweeney

Every single restaurant, coffee shop, and bar located in Deep Ellum is superb.  From modern American food to amazing Southern barbecue, there is food for everyone here.  Every single restaurant I have been here have been my all-time favorites in Dallas because the atmosphere and the unique dining experience each restaurant has has made my visits to Deep Ellum a memorable one.  If you are looking for some of the best rock shrimp and tuna poke tacos you'll ever have, then you have to go to Stirr.  Stirr not only has delicious seafood, but has unbelievable ribeye, flatbreads, and sharables to start your meal.  Oh and don't forget their brunch!  Another one of my favorites is Pecan Lodge.  If you're looking for some southern comfort food, you have come to the right place.  Pecan Lodge is well known in Dallas for their outstanding barbecue.  I could go on forever about there food.  It's that good.  All I really need to say is that if you love barbecue you definitely need to go here and you'll never want to leave.  

Kelsey Sweeney

Deep Ellum is home to some of the best desserts around Dallas.  From Nutella and salted caramel spiked milkshake coated in pretzels to fresh out of the oven deep dish apple pie, Deep Ellum truly has everything a sweet tooth could ask for.  The Pharmacy, home to the best milkshakes (also available with alcohol) with the best flavors.  For example, the Toaster Fire, which has vanilla ice cream, Cinnamon Toast Crunch, Fireball, and Rumchata.  The Pharmacy puts the fun in a bar.  They not only have devious milkshakes, but also an arcade.  If you're not looking for a milkshake, but are in the mood for a slice of homemade pie, Deep Ellum has a place.  Emporium Pies is a specialty pie shop in the heart of Deep Ellum.  All of their pies are handmade and their flavors change with the seasons, so you'll always have opportunity to try a new flavor.      

Art

Kelsey Sweeney
Kelsey Sweeney

You cannot turn the corner without seeing one of Deep Ellum's beautiful murals. There are so many unique ones filled with an abundance of color or portraying a scene or person. You could take a trip to Deep Ellum and could spend hours looking at all the murals. They are all so different, yet have one similar characteristic: they give the streets of Deep Ellum liveliness. Without the murals, Deep Ellum would not have its character. They also act as great backdrops for an Insta. Definitely a good photo op.  

Deep Ellum is the hub of all arts and culture in Dallas.  It is so unique compared to the rest of Dallas' neighborhoods.  It is an absolute must-see when in Dallas. With top-rated food, vibrant street murals, and live music, you'll fall in love with it just like I have.