Tucked away from the busy main streets of Guelph sits a family-owned cupcakery run by Guelph natives Jenn and Tara.

cupcakes

Photo by Cheryl Ching

The pair of sisters brought their passion for baked goods to life with Decadently Yours, a shop offering already-made or customizable cakes, cupcakes, pies, fruit arrangements, and more, all tied together by the team and the ingenuity of their minds.

Along with their crew of family members, Decadently Yours offers services such as deliveries to friends and family, custom venue orders, and behind the scenes icing workshops.

cupcakes

Photo by Liyan Cai

If there’s anything you should give a try, it’s learning how to master the professional cupcake swirl. Usually hosted on Saturday afternoons or weekend nights, these $20, two-hour long workshops guide you through the basics of decorating, with the highlight definitely being the moment you eat your own cupcake.

True to their name, the cupcakery offers the luxury of numerous unique flavours, ranging from Chocolate Fudge Sundae to Toffee Crunch to Salted Caramel, all of which are adorned with a generous helping of the appropriate home-made buttercream frosting.

cupcakes

Photo by Cheryl Ching

Themed seasonal cupcakes are available for order as well, customized to suit your annual Christmas get-together or complete the neighbourhood Halloween party. Even options such as vegan or gluten-free are available upon request.

For us university students on a budget, your student card is your pass for discounted goods. Running all the way until the very end of 2015, Decadently Yours is offering students specially priced cupcakes. Any flavour of your choice is $2.50, and any gluten-free or vegan cupcakes are $3.00.

cupcakes

Photo by Liyan Cai

The sisters started their brand in Brampton, where they opted out of the original plan to unveil an online-based shop in favour of an actual location when a storefront became available with proper equipment. When the opportunity arose to work in their hometown, the two jumped on it and thus was born Guelph’s own Decadently Yours.

cupcakes

Photo by Liyan Cai

If you’re still skeptical, Decadently Yours and Guelph’s chapter of Spoon University have partnered up to bring cupcakes to you. On September 7th, the UC was the home to 200 mini cupcakes, as bare as the minute they were taken out of the oven. Toppings, frosting, and a bountiful dose of fun were provided for all that attended.

More upcoming events featuring the shop include: The Cheese Fest—September 26­­—$5 (hint: request one of the limited numbers of free admission tickets to this event with a flash of your student ID at Decadently Yours); and Taste of Guelph—September 20—$125.

cupcakes

Photo by Cheryl Ching

Let’s admit it: denying anyone a cupcake is pretty much a crime, especially when you have the option of sending a custom cupcake with your friend’s face on it to said friend’s house. Just stop, sit down, and resign to the fact that your next visit on the internet is going to be Decadently Yours.

cupcakes

Photo courtesy of Forbes.com