After a long wait, Cracked: The Egg Came First is now open on Green Street. Taking over Antonio's old space at 619 E. Green St., Cracked took on a whole new look compared to the old pizza place. Although there are sure to be some broken hearts over Antonio's delicious pizza, the wounds will heal with the opening of this new restaurant.

Cracked on Green offers the same beloved breakfast sammies and tots to spice up your morning (or afternoon) routine. There are also a few new additions. They will offer grilled cheese and—as you can spot on the bottom right of their menu—breakfast bowls. There are still a couple of surprises taped over on their menu, but the prospect of iced coffee and more drink options is also on the horizon.

beer, coffee, tea
Kelsie Travers

The store's first week doesn't have all late night hours, but they are open Monday through Thursday from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m., Friday from 8 a.m. to 11 p.m. and Saturday from 8 a.m. to 3 a.m. You can find their full store hours on their new and improved website. After this week's soft opening, they will be open regularly until 3 a.m.

The inside of the store has a similar layout and ordering process to that of Antonio's: wait in line to order and then walk around the counter to collect your food and pay. They are missing the rope to keep people in line that Antonio's had, but the organization of Cracked is sure to streamline as the store is open longer.

beer, wine
Kelsie Travers

With the space of the kitchen compared to the food truck, the store has a lot more opportunity to expand their menu and offer prompt service. Hopefully in the coming months, we will see more from Cracked. For now, Cracked on Green is offering the same great food in a cool, new environment that is definitely worth checking out.