Our previous cookie round-up consisted of delicious samples from Insomnia, Dough to Door and Colleen’s Cookies. But we thought there was more work to be done here, as far as cookie tasting in STL goes. So, after checking out some of the best local coffee shops, cafés and bakeries, we came upon four locations that fed us some of the best cookies around. I managed to squeeze in visits to these delicious cookie havens before graduating last week. If you’re lucky enough to be returning to Wash U, make sure you hit these places up ASAP.

1. Kaldi’s Coffee

The two locations have recently synchronized their menus, and TG for that because you can now grab one of their fantastic cookies at either Demun or Carondelet. I couldn’t decide on which type I wanted, so I got two: the wedding cake cookie and a glazed sugar cookie (festively shaped like a spring tulip, I might add). As for the first picture showing the wedding cake cookie, check out how thick that icing is…

cookie

Photo by Sydney Davis

cookie

Photo by Sydney Davis

2. Cookies by Design

Cookies by Design is best known for its iced sugar cookie bouquets (which are incredible), but I opted for their “gourmet” cookies instead this time. I chose wisely. The chocolate chip pecan was my favorite, but generally they killed it in every way, shape and form. Their iced sugar cookie will forever be my kryptonite, but I give their other cookies in all the classic flavors an A+.

cookie

Photo by Sydney Davis

3. Winslow’s Home

Everyone knows Winslow’s is famous for its mind-blowing chocolate chip cookies (somehow gooey and crispy all at the same time), but their goat cheese cookie is majorly underrated. I know it sounds scary and weird, but I promise it’s not. The perfect balance of savory and sweet, the cookie itself is super soft and coated with a sugary icing that balances out the strength and richness of the goat cheese. While I wouldn’t crave this cookie like I crave the chocolate chip, it’s still a uniquely delicious treat, and I’m glad I gave it a go. Pictured below the goat cheese cookie is the chocolate chip because I obviously had to snag one of those, too while I was there…

cookie

Photo by Sydney Davis

cookie

Photo by Sydney Davis

4. Whitebox Eatery

This new spot in Carondelet Plaza is on point for breakfast, brunch and lunch. Their omelets are every bit as delicious as their salads, and after taking one look at their freshly baked cookies, I knew they were about to live up to this Whitebox standard. The chocolate chip was solid, but the sugar coconut was simply out of this world. Seriously, you need to pick up one of these babies ASAP.

cookie

Photo by Sydney Davis

cookie

Photo by Sydney Davis

After tasting cookies from Kaldi’s, Cookies by Design, Winslow’s and Whitebox Eatery, the winner just has to be Whitebox Eatery’s sugar coconut. Its texture is the perfect balance between crispy and chewy, and the coconut adds an extra element of flavor to the traditional sugar dough.

Whether you’re into chocolate chip, goat cheese or anything in between, you won’t be disappointed with the cookies from all four of these spots.

Can’t get enough cookies? Check these out: