February might be wrapping up but the cold weather is still around and midterms feel like they won't ever end; it's the perfect time to try some new and tasty drinks. For UC Davis students, look no further than the CoHo and their popular drink of the month program. This February the CoHo drink of the month is the "Love You a Latte" — a fruity twist on the classic mocha and an absolute must-try. 

The Drink of the Month Program

Ann Meyer

Located at the Memorial Union on campus, Swirlz Bakery (the coffee shop within the ASUCD Coffee House) features a drink of the month program with creative twists on all sorts of beverages, often themed around various holidays. You may remember some of their previous drinks, such as strawberry basil lemonade offered in the springtime, the peppermint mocha in December or the extremely popular lavender tea latte — my personal favorite to date — featured last month. 

The program is student-run and managed by the CoHo barista supervisor, Kaj Jakobsen who is a fourth year student majoring in Wildlife, Fish and Conservation Biology and minoring Geographic Information Systems. He is responsible for developing each drink, coordinating with management and designing all the advertisements.

Thanks to his hard work, the CoHo is able to offer unique drinks to UCD students each month — so if you haven't tried one yet, there's no better time to start than February because this month's drink is insanely delicious. 

#SpoonTip: Bring your own reusable coffee cup or travel mug and you'll receive a 25 cent discount - just one of many CoHo initiatives to help encourage campus and student sustainability.

The "Love You a Latte"

Ann Meyer

The CoHo February drink of the month is a strawberry mocha, made with espresso, steamed milk, Ghirardelli chocolate sauce and Torani strawberry syrup. Delicious hot or iced, the "Love You a Latte" is the perfect treat to accompany your studying (and help improve your attention span) or to help you de-stress.

The fruity twist on the classic mocha adds just the right amount of sweetness to cut through the slight bitterness of the espresso. It's like eating a chocolate covered strawberry while drinking some coffee, so incredibly wonderful. If you're like me and a fan of whipped cream, getting the "Love You a Latte" with whip makes it even more heavenly. 

If you're also in the mood for a pastry from Swirlz Bakery, I recommend pairing it a strawberry cream cheese croissant, baked and delivered by the Pure Grain Bakery in Vacaville, or a Co-Homemade scone which are baked fresh every morning. 

Ann Meyer

The CoHo South (located across from Rock Hall and near the Silo) also has a drink of the month program which features a tasty raspberry tuxedo for February. 

If you haven't gotten your "Love You a Latte" and raspberry tuxedo yet, stop by Swirlz Bakery at the CoHo and CoHo South before February is over. You'll find yourself pleasantly surprised and may even discover a new favorite drink. Plus, keep your eye out for future CoHo drink of the month spotlights — you won't want to miss what's coming in March!