As we turn back the clocks, the days shorten, and the work piles up, it's time for you to find a new spot to continue your studying into the end of the Fall semester. Coffee shops for studying can become an important haven for students. So many students can be found hitting the rooms in Bartle, the science library or UDC.  Why not be adventurous and venture to a coffee shop in a new corner of the city? 

Novel Tea Cafe

Location: 20 Hawley St, Binghamton, New York

Bring your endless hours of work to Novel Tea Cafe, a bubble tea cafe right in the heart of Binghamton. Founded by Binghamton alumni, they serve everything from Asian fried chicken, egg waffles topped with yummy strawberries, to, of course, bubble tea. This has become one of the more popular  "coffee shops" for studying. 

The space feature soft natural lighting, with photo worthy decor. It also has high speed internet for all your studying needs.

Laura Schorr

Watch this video to learn even more about Novel Tea Cafe

Laveggio Roasteria

Location: 178 State St, Binghamton, NY 13901

Warm, inviting, and aromatic, the smell of coffee immediately fills your nose upon entering this charming coffee shop located in the "Artist's Row" on Upper State Street. 

Laura Schorr

Laveggio Roasteria is a true artisan coffee roaster, selling only Specialty Grade coffee. They offer an experience unlike any "fast food coffee."  Rather, they've set out to make it a professional coffee experience, where the Barista can engage the customer and make knowledgeable suggestions from the standpoint of a trained palate, not reciting tasting notes. 

With plenty of natural lighting and delicious coffee, this may become your new study oasis. One tip for the Wifi loving folk - there is none available at this location. A personal hotspot always comes in handy. 

Laura Schorr

That Coffee Place

Location: 176 Clinton St, Binghamton, NY 13905

Situated in the Antique Row of Binghamton, That Coffee Place is a family run coffee shop infused with a small town touch. They offer everything from coffee brewed in the Finger Lakes to fruit smoothies. They even have freshly made quiches.

Laura Schorr

The owners of the shop are dog lovers, so any pup may be brought into the shop as you study. There are plenty of large windows, with quaint rustic touches throughout.

Laura Schorr

There are also certain quirky touches throughout the shop, such as the socks you can purchase as you're waiting for your Bubble Tea. With free Wifi and lots of farmhouse-chic decor, this spot may definitely be a new alternative to the Bartle Stacks. 

Strange Brew

Location: (2) -137 Washington St, Binghamton, NY 13901                                     -101 Court St, Binghamton, NY 13901

With two beautiful locations nestled conveniently in downtown, Strange Brew offers a bit of everything. They also always have the best music. 

In case you get hungry, they offer freshly brewed coffee, loose tea, and full-service dining! With so many treats to choose from, Strange Brew can sometimes be a little busy. So, hold on to that table. There's plenty of competition out there!

The Shop

Location: 219 Washington St, Binghamton, NY 13901

This stylish cafe features exposed brick and delicious food! What more could you ask for when you're studying? All jokes aside, this place is very underrated and not as well known, but it's perfect for all your studying needs.

Cozy up with a crepe or a sparkler during a study break. When you step inside The Shop, you feel transported out of the cold, gray Binghamton atmosphere and into a relaxed, cozy paradise.

Laura Schorr

City Light Coffee

Location:254 Washington St, Binghamton, NY 13901

Offering #coffeewithacause, this place is the perfect match of calmness and focus. With lots of windows and tables, this can be your new study spot!

Laura Schorr

Conveniently situated downtown, students of all majors and years can enjoy coffee prepared by volunteers. They also provide lots of support during finals, so is definitely a new place to consider! 

Laura Schorr

Chroma

Location: 97 Court St, Binghamton, NY 13905

Chroma is another lovely location in the heart of downtown with a brick wall! We love our exposed brick. This American eatery and bakery offers a wide, delicious assortment of baked goods and sandwiches in a lovely, bright, colorful place.

Laura Schorr

Stop by some time to taste one of their delicacies. With free wifi and plenty of food, this place offers it all. 

Laura Schorr

Hopefully, this list has given you some inspiration for a new spot to check out as the semester wraps. Make sure to stay hydrated and fed as you embark on this stressful time. Good coffee and good food are always a cure.