New to the city? Slightly overwhelmed by all the places to eat at and explore? Sick of Starbucks and looking for an under-the-radar study spot? We got your back, freshman.

Hayden Hall: Bluestone Lane Collective

Bluestone Lane is an Australian café known for their perfect flat whites. It can be a little pricey for a college student, but don’t miss out on the avocado toast or pancakes every once in a while. The outdoor seating space is perfect for people-watching. 

This morning – you & me in the city #BluestoneLane #nyc #healthyfood #coffee #glasses

A photo posted by Bluestone Lane (@bluestonelanecoffee) on

Brittany Hall: City of Saints

Their sweet Lavender Latte is almost like a dessert. The coffeeshop also has a constantly changing menu with seasonal coffee drinks, so you’ll never get bored. There’s no WiFi, so it’s perfect for chilling and reading.

Goddard Hall: Fair Folks & a Goat

The secret’s out. Fair Folks offers a monthly bottomless coffee membership for $25, but if you’re not a member, you can still grab a great cup of coffee amongst their clean and quiet space. It’s great for getting your work done. 

Rubin Hall: Lena

Lena is somewhat of a hidden gem. Inside you’ll find just 3 tiny tables, so it’s super cozy. If you stick around, the smell of fresh French croissants will drive you insane. It’s also a great to-go spot as there’s usually no line and the service is quick. 

Weinstein Hall: Joe Coffee

This campus newcomer is one of our favorite Starbucks alternatives. It’s clean, bright and they have doughnuts from Doughnut Plant, made fresh daily, that go well with your cup of Joe.

Ok really though… What day isn't #nationalcoffeeday? Check out this nice shot from @alenawesome's Sunday… #regram

A photo posted by Joe Coffee Company (@joecoffeecompany) on

Third North & Founders: Mudspot 

When you enter Mud, it will seem tiny and dark but walk through to the patio outside for a cute seating area. We love the $17 brunch, which includes a mimosa, bellini or orange juice, coffee and entree. Don’t miss their signature Dirty Chai. 

A photo posted by Sara Radin (@a_city_gal) on