Ever been to a pizzeria that is unbelievably good? Well that is how I felt being at Atlantic Pizzeria in Freeport. I never realized that a pizzeria such as Atlantic existed on the Island. I just happened to pass by, decided to head in and give it a try. The owner of Atlantic Pizzeria is from Calabria, Italy. His cooking is authentically Italian and oh so good! According to its website, Atlantic Pizzeria is family owned and operated, and has been serving customers in Freeport since 1989. Finding classic Italian foods on Atlantic Avenue has never been so easy. 

NEW-ORLEANS THEMED DECOR 

Emily Sauchelli

Once you enter Atlantic Pizzeria, you are transported back in time to the New Orleans' Jazz Age. The room is entertaining with the sound of old blues and classic tunes from Louis Armstrong's days. To top things off, everything you eat is served on a classic china glass plate. There are also fun accessories on the walls like license plates, colorful masks, various flower vases, and intricate artistic framed paintings. Plus, let's not forget about the art-deco styled tiles on the ceiling. That is pretty cool and it's something you don't see very often, especially in an Italian restaurant. 

ANGEL HAIR ALFREDO BALL

Emily Sauchelli

There are so many different kinds of arancini style balls. Atlantic has Angel Hair Alfredo, Jambalaya, Shrimp Mac n Cheese, Mom's Old-Fashioned, Frank's Chop Meat, and Broccoli Rabe/Sausage. Besides arancini, Atlantic has appetizers, pizza, wraps, panini, hot sandwiches, baked pasta, soups, salads, and an Italian gourmet deli counter. The possibilities are endless. What is pictured above is the Angel Hair Alfredo ball. Yum, yet so filling!

EGGPLANT ROLLATINI 

Emily Sauchelli

Other cool appetizers are Eggplant Rollatini, stuffed mushrooms, zucchini sticks and the classic mozzarella sticks: there are endless options here. The Eggplant Rollatini I had was delicious and the ricotta cheese inside was the cherry on top. The prices at Atlantic Pizzeria were very reasonable. The riceballs/pasta balls were under $6 and the eggplant parmigiana appetizer was around the same price. 

Some reasons why you should go to Atlantic Pizzeria: 

1) Fun Atmosphere 

2) Blues Music 

3) Delicious Food 

4) Artistic environment 

5) Relaxing 

6) Experience some tasty Italian cuisine 

7) Find new recipes for you to try at home

One of the reasons why this pizzeria is so good is that their prices are not outrageous. People come day in and day out because they know they are getting their money's worth and that Atlantic does not compromise on quality/taste. For example, the different kinds of arancini previously illustrated are 6 dollars a piece. Trust me, each are not tiny. One Angel Hair Alfredo ball was very filling.

This place is also great for a friends' hangout, families or takeouts. Atlantic pizzeria is a great place for all of the above. 

Next time I am in Freeport, I will definitely be coming back to Atlantic pizzeria to try more of their delicious Italian menu.