I don’t always eat in the Chenango room, but when I do, I make sure to order the grilled half- pound angus cheeseburger. This is a gem of a meal in that it’s on campus, and served by Sodexo (two things that usually send people running the other direction). I’d even go as far to say that it is in fact, better than Burger Mondays.

burger

Photo from www.bckpc.com/m/projects.php?cat=6

burger

Photo by Shavonna Hinton

I’m not sure for the rest of the dining hall food on campus, but this is one meal that everyone should be ordering. This robust burger is served on a toasted Pretzel roll topped with American cheese and all the fixings that help make a burger delicious. And if a half pound of certified Angus Beef isn’t enough to titillate you taste buds, your order also comes with the most golden crisp French fries you’ve ever seen. Some might argue that the burger is the best part, but I say it’s the fries that make the meal. Throw a few on top of your burger for an extra kick of flavorful satisfaction. Not a fan of the fries? You can also order a fresh cup of fruit salad.

And what’s a good burger without a milkshake to top it off? Luckily, the Chenango Room offers you a choice of either an orange creamsicle milkshake or your classic root beer float. If your mouth isn’t watering by the time you get to dessert, your taste buds must be broken.

burger

Photo by Shavonna Hinton

This often overlooked campus eatery is underrated for its ability to dish out great meals, with a better quality than most food on campus and decent prices. At $8.95, this meal is about even with any other burger and fries combo you’ll find around campus but trust me when I say, you will regret ordering from any of those other places again after trying this half-pound wonder.

If love came in the shape of a burger and fries, then I’m head over heels for this one. I’ve ordered this burger at least 10 times this year and I’ve yet to finish it in one sitting. Try it, you won’t regret it and I bet you’ll come back for more.