Living in Boston, there are so many amazing brunch places we are dying to try. Unfortunately, as college students short on cash, many of these brunch places are too pricey and unrealistic for us to eat at every weelemd. Luckily, Busy Bee restaurant gives us quality food for less than 10 dollars an item. Say goodbye to overpriced waffles and long waits and say hello to this cozy, Brookline diner perfect for a lazy Saturday morning.

When you walk into the diner, it feels like home. This small, hole-in-the-wall restaurant finds its appeal in turquoise stools and old-timey pictures hung on the wall. Between the waiters yelling items behind the visible counter to classic breakfast options, this diner feels like it’s always been here. Although the hours are somewhat obscure (warning: it’s closed on Sundays), it is definitely worth the trip.

Diner

Photo by Elise Takahama

I ordered two scrambled eggs and hash for only five dollars. Within 10 minutes of ordering, our food was served. The potatoes were perfectly cooked and crisp enough with a strong flavor. The scrambled eggs tasted exactly like the eggs my mom makes for me at home, adding to the home-y feel of the place. The hash was a nice addition to the plate, making the meal a good portion size. While this isn’t a beauty to look at, it was more than satisfying and unreasonably cheap.

Diner

Photo by Elise Takahama

My photographer Elise ordered the Spanish omelette with cheese and their homemade salsa. Also arriving promptly, her omelette had just enough cheese in it. The homemade salsa really made the dish stand out, putting it above average. While this is another simple dish, it was fulfilling enough and very classic.

Diner

Photo by Elise Takahama

Our friend Sam ordered the same two eggs option, ordering them as poached with sausage instead of hash. She was in agreement with us, calling it a very satisfying and simple breakfast. While our orders were all eggs focused, the diner has many different options, and not only breakfast. They also serve lunch and dinner, and are open until 7 p.m. on weekdays. In addition, they have special dishes for every day of the week.

Overall, if you’re a broke college student, but love breakfast food as much as I do, this diner is perfect for you. Less than a 10 minute walk from BU’s campus, this diner is the ideal location for a Saturday morning brunch.