In the Queen City, word of new restaurants spreads like wildfire, but this place was different. Over the past few years, The King’s Kitchen has been blessing the Charlotte region in more ways than one. On top of their amazing food, they have blessed our city the gift of compassion and hospitality. This place is a non-profit and all their proceeds go to feed the hungry all around Charlotte and the surrounding regions.

Charlotte

Photo courtesy of charlottemagazine.com

This restaurant functions and is so successful based on a network of connections and faith-driven people. These organizations help train the “unemployable” people of the region, people out of rehab, prison, or troubled youth that is at risk of dropping out of school. They are preventing the things can be devastating to a community.

The severs, cooks and bus boys they have on staff are some of the sweetest people I have ever received service from and were all properly trained in service techniques. Through the support of the community at The King’s Kitchen, the staff now has been given tools and skills to get on their feet.

Charlotte

Photo by Elizabeth Faile

Now, for the food, there is no better way to start a meal than with some Pimento cheese. They were served with little slices of toasted bread, seasoned with butter and seasoning. The cheese has the perfect kick to it, as pimento cheese should, so I would highly recommend this to start of your meal.

Charlotte

Photo by Elizabeth Faile

For the entrée, shrimp and grits is such a staple at any restaurant and they do not disappoint. The peppers, grits and shrimp were so complementary of one another. Dinner is no good without company and my dad’s favorite meal is fried chicken. King’s Kitchen has some dank fried chicken that will put KFC to shame. The cornbread that comes with it is so rich, you can taste the butter melting inside of it.

Charlotte

Photo by Elizabeth Faile

The goal of the restaurant revolves around local in every way, from the people to the food. Being able to experience the love and soul that is alive within the walls of The King’s Kitchen was a true pleasure. Eating somewhere that employs the people who truly need it and delivers amazing food on top of that? it’s a win-win.