If you're even half as basic as me, you're probably always in search of something artsy to post on your Instagram feed. As a college student, what better place is there to look than in one of the hundreds of cafés in Berkeley and on campus itself?

No matter where you are in town, you can easily find a couple of cafés within a 15-minute walking distance — so where do you start? Thankfully, Spoon's got you covered with a list of some of the cutest, coziest, most aesthetic cafés in Berkeley.

1. Blue Bottle Café

tea, bread, cheese
Jessica Yeh

If minimalism is your aesthetic, Blue Bottle Café is where it's at. From the outside, this place looks just like the Apple Store — white, clean, and simple. It's an open concept space with natural lighting coming in from the large windows surrounding the café, and the bare white tables and walls make it the perfect place for you to focus on the homework you've been avoiding all week.

coffee, milk, espresso, cappuccino, cream, milkshake, mocha, chocolate
Jessica Yeh

While you're there, be sure to try the pistachio cardamom pound cake with the New Orleans iced coffee — the flavors complement each other perfectly!

2. Asha Tea House

beer, wine, liquor, alcohol
Jessica Yeh

Asha Tea House is best described in one word: Cozy. Its color theme consists of earthy tones like dark green and hickory brown, which perfectly complements the wooden furniture and the long communal tables that contribute to the sense of warmth emanating from the café.

ice
Jessica Yeh

My personal favorite here is the matcha latte with boba – 10/10 would recommend. The sweetness of the warm, fresh, chewy boba balances out the slight bitterness of the matcha to create the perfect combination to satisfy your boba needs.

3. Algorithm Coffee

coffee, beer, tea
Joanna Hu

Algorithm Coffee is where true coffee aficionados hang out. Modern and chic, with a hint of minimalism, this café stuns with its clever use of color, space, and lines. With both natural and artificial lighting, as well as large communal tables and minimal noise, it's also a great study space if you're willing to make the trip.

coffee, espresso, cappuccino, milk, mocha, tea
Joanna Hu

#SpoonTip: Ask Ian, the competitive latte artist, to make you a sweet and milky mocha latte if you're in the mood for something chocolatey!

4. Alchemy Collective

coffee, wine, beer, espresso
Joanna Hu

If your goal is to get that Instagram hipster vibe, Alchemy Collective is your new best friend. This café has its own unique grunge style complemented by obscure alternative rock music, one-of-a-kind knick knacks, and a variety of social activist posters lined against the storefront windows.

coffee, tea, cream
Joanna Hu

While the flat white had just the right amount of cream and espresso, Alchemy's signature prosciutto toast is the real star here. 

5. Artís Coffee

coffee, beer, tea
Joanna Hu

Although it's a bit far from campus, Artís Coffee is definitely worth the trip. Like Blue Bottle Café, this place is very minimalistic. At the same time, it has a small and tight-knit feel, incredibly friendly baristas, and R&B remixes that make this place a really chill hangout spot.

milk, coffee, espresso, cream, cappuccino
Joanna Hu

Be sure to try the vanilla latte if you're craving some rich creamy goodness and a cute latte art photo!

Next time you're looking for a new place to get your daily caffeine fix or a way to step up your Instagram game, be sure to check out some of these cafés!