I have been in Atlanta for quite some time now and have enjoyed trying out new restaurants and cuisines. As we are approaching the end of the year, I am making strides to check off new restaurants on my bucket list. One of my recent visits has been to Cafe Lily, a conveniently located spot in Decatur with delicious food. 

Atmosphere

Cafe Lily has multiple dining options to choose from. They have their main dining room, the peacock room, and outdoor seating. When I ate at Cafe Lily, I chose to enjoy the beautiful ATL weather and dine outside, enjoying the dim lighting and warm hues. If you prefer to sit inside, their main dining room is also a great choice. Lastly, the peacock room is typically used for special events, but they will open it up for regular seating if it has not been reserved. The room is painted a deep purple, and the walls are covered with peacock feathers. 

Appetizers 

Cafe Lily has a wide variety of options when it comes to appetizers, ranging from Middle Eastern dishes to delicious and unique salads. My two favorite appetizers are the Hummus bi Tahini and the Insalata Mista. The Hummus bi Tahini comes with hummus, olives, and warm pita to dip with. It is a great dish to share and serves as a wonderful appetizer. The Insalata Mista is a classic that includes mixed greens and tomatoes and is topped off with a balsamic vinaigrette dressing. When enjoying these delicious appetizers, I was amazed at how fresh the ingredients were. The pita bread was fresh out of the oven, and the salad had an amazing crunch to it. 

Entrees 

Cafe Lily's entrees do not disappoint. They have dishes ranging from pasta, to hamburgers, to fish, and more. I ordered the Ravioli di Zucca, which is ravioli stuffed with butternut squash and topped with a brown butter sauce. I am not lying when I tell you that this was one of the best dishes I have ever had. I am usually not super adventurous when it comes to picking my meals, but I am so glad I chose this ravioli because it was to die for. The sweetness of the sauce and the addition of parmesan cheese throughout made it a truly outstanding dish. 

Desserts

Cafe Lily has many dessert options to choose from, that is if you have enough room for them after your meal. Their menu includes tiramisu, ice cream, and a torta cioccolato. The torta cioccolato is a warm chocolate cake with hazelnuts served with whipped cream. Pro tip: you can ask for a scoop of ice cream to go with it as well. Their desserts are top-notch and are a great way to finish off your amazing meal. 

Cafe Lily is a hidden gem in Decatur that has many delicious options to choose from in every element of the meal. Although I shared just a few of my favorites, I am excited to try more items on their menu in the future!