Watching Gilmore Girls and seeing Lorelai and Rory visit Luke’s diner at almost every hour of the day always left me with my mouth watering and an undying need for a good cup of coffee and pancakes. Good news! Cafe Eclectic has a menu and atmosphere that will make you feel like you are in a trendy Luke’s diner in the heart of Stars Hollow, and it’s even walking distance from Rhodes. Here is your Gilmore Girls guide through their menu.

Coffee

Cafe Eclectic

Photo by Maggie Rippeto

If you know anything about the Gilmore Girls, you know about their obsession with and addiction to coffee, but not everyone can throw back cups of black coffee like the Gilmores can. Fortunately, Cafe Eclectic has a large range of drinks from specialty sweeter drinks and lattes to espressos and just plain black, pleasing all types of coffee drinkers. For those who like it sweet, the Cinnful Jim with two shots of espresso, steamed milk, vanilla syrup, and a dash of cinnamon or the Mocha Latte (Dark or White) topped with Monin chocolate sauce and a dusting of cocoa powder will satisfy your sweet tooth while still giving you your caffeine kick. On the stronger side, you can get the Illy Drip roasted organic coffee or the French Press Illy coffee that comes in a small size, or a large size for those Gilmore-like marathon coffee drinkers.

Cafe Eclectic

Breakfast

Cafe Eclectic

Photo by Maggie Rippeto

Ahh, the most important meal of the day, and for the Gilmore Girls, it’s most likely a stack of Luke’s famous pancakes. The Vegan Pancakes at Cafe Eclectic would definitely have the Gilmore, and even Luke, stamp of approval. These light and fluffy pancakes are topped with fresh-made granola and berries that will make your stomach very happy. Sometimes, however, even the Gilmore Girls have to go The Whole 9 Yards (and would you look at . . . that’s the name of this dish). With two eggs any style, a choice of toast or biscuit, grits or tater hash, and a choice of bacon or sausage, Lorelei and Rory would be proud of how you filled your stomach.

Lunch and Dinner

As any cafe or diner should, Cafe Eclectic has many choices to please a wide range of crowds. Do you want a salad (nah, thats WAY too healthy), a sandwich, burger, mac & cheese? So many options, it’s overwhelming (at least that’s what Lorelai would say). JJ’s Patty Melt is a Luke’s Burger with a twist. Loaded with provolone, spicy mayo, and caramelized onions, it’s sure to happily fill any empty stomach. Other house favorites include the Diablo Wrap, the Brie & Fresh Pear Panini, and as a side, their house-made Mac-N-Cheese topped with crushed croutons and bacon.

Cafe Eclectic

I’m so glad you asked.

Donuts and cookies and brownies, oh my! Cafe Eclectic is a go-to place to satisfy that midmorning or late night sweet tooth. With all their homemade desserts and baked goods, you can’t help but come back for more and wonder WWLARE (what would Lorelai and Rory eat?).

Cafe Eclectic

GIF courtesy of giphy.co

Dessert

Cafe Eclectic

Photo by Maggie Rippeto

Midmorning: They serve a daily assortment of cookies including the Chocolate Peanutbutter Chip Cookie with Reese’s cups, homemade cake donuts with seasonal flavors, and muffins including the Blueberry Crumble Muffin and the Banana Nut Muffin. Don’t forget about their assorted pies made from scratch!

Late Night: The Brownie Sundae is a must with layers of ice cream, hot fudge, and warm chocolate fudge brownie topped with whipped cream. Another favorite sundae is The Charlie Brown with peanut butter morsels, chopped nuts, and hot fudge.

Cafe Eclectic is a must for every Rhodes student! With great food and coffee in a cool environment, you can grab a meal with a friend or sit down for a coffee while you study. Either way, channel your inner Lorelai or Rory Gilmore and enjoy your own little Stars Hollow in Midtown Memphis.

Cafe Eclectic