Although Foggy Bottom is a great area, the nation’s capital has so much more to offer than just what immediately surrounds our school. From U-Street, to M-Street, to Adams Morgan, these are just a few of the many places that are great for when you would like to explore the different areas of DC.

Vinoteca

restaurants

Photo courtesy of Vinoteca

A patio with twinkling lights in front, and a bocce court in the back, Vinoteca feels like it should be somewhere in Rome. Priding itself in an intensive wine menu, Vinoteca also serves dinner throughout the week as well as brunch on weekends. The sophisticated menu coupled with the buzz of U Street make for an atmosphere perfect for any special occasion. My personal favorites were the cheese tasting board and the Vino cheddar burger.

For the 21 and over crowd, Vinoteca also has wine classes and quite the selection of cocktails.

Oohhs and Aahhs

restaurants

Photo courtesy of Oohs and Aahs

Oohhs and Aahhs is known for its amazing soul food. The menu offers traditional soul food including, award winning mac and cheese, fried chicken, collard greens, and a selection of desserts that is to die for.

Oohs and Aahss has also had its fair share of celebrity guests, including French Montana, Wale, Kevin Durant, and Food Network’s Guy Fieri for his show Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives.

Make sure you plan to get there early if you want to eat there, because the lines can get pretty long.

The Luna Grill and Diner

restaurants

Photo courtesy of lunagrillanddiner.com

Missing your local diner? The Luna Grill and Diner is in Dupont and is just the diner fix you need. It serves breakfast, brunch, lunch and dinner. Typical diner fare is served in addition to pasta, crab cakes, quesadillas, and much more . The chicken and waffles is my personal favorite.

The diner is a perfect jumping off point for whenever you would like to explore Dupont, giving you the necessary fuel to hit up the local shops and museums (National Geographic museum anyone?)

Snap Cafe

restaurants

photo by Taralynn Mcnitt

Snap Cafe is right off of M Street and known for its numerous flavors of bubble tea.It’s great for when you’re shopping and need a quick break to fuel up. I recommend the mango flavor, but chai and watermelon also sound lovely. The cafe also serves crepes, sandwiches, and salads. Bonus point: They also deliver and take Gworld.

Busboys and Poets

restaurants

photo courtesy of Busboys and Poets’ Facebook page

Busboys and Poets is a place where poetry, American cuisine, and culture are brought together to create a unique atmosphere. The restaurant has several poetry events where people come in to showcase their spoken word.

While waiting for your food, you can browse their bookstore or look at local art that’s hung throughout the space. They’re also having a viewing party for every presidential debate, featuring drink specials such as the demo blue – coconut rum, blue curacao, and pineapple juice over ice.