A stop to the locally owned and operated BuffaLouie’s is a must for anyone in the Bloomington area. Located near the Sample Gates, BuffaLouie’s is hard to miss with it’s neon sign and logo atop the restaurant. The interior of this wing and burger joint is perfectly eclectic. Brick and wood walls are covered with IU decorations and huge tvs, making BuffaLouie’s the perfect spot to watch games.

BuffaLouie's

Photo by Natsuko Mazany

It’s clear just by walking inside that BuffaLouie’s staff is extremely friendly and willing to answer any questions you may have. Any server working at the counter will be sure to ask if you want to sign up for the rewards program which I can highly recommend. Signing up simply means giving your email address every time you order and eventually you’ll get free meals, and I mean a lot of free meals. Did I mention free meals?

We love family owned businesses – especially when the owners are hands-on.  You can find owners Ed & Jaimie Schwartzman taking orders, cooking the food and generally just ensuring that everyone is enjoying themselves.

BuffaLouie's

Photo by Natsuko Mazany

Speaking of meals, BuffaLouie’s amazing menu makes ordering crazy difficult. From award winning wings (USA Today named them them one of their top 10 wing joints in America), to fresh salad to juicy 1/2 pound burgers, to their loaded fries, every option on the menu will get your mouth watering.

BuffaLouie's

Photo Courtesy of BuffaLouie’s

In the mood for wings? I recommend the honey garlic wings with the house made ranch dipping sauce. Usually I’m not a huge wing person, but I could’t get enough of these perfectly bite sized wings. The honey garlic wings are tangy and a little sweet making them the perfect wing option for those of us who can’t handle the heat of some of their spicier wings (aka me.)

BuffaLouie's

Photo Courtesy of BuffaLouie’s

If you’re looking for something heartier that is guaranteed to make you stuffed and satisfied, the Sweet Lou Burger is the way to go. Adorned with sweet bbq sauce, an onion ring, bacon and american cheese, this burger is unbelievably tasty. The bacon and onion ring give the right amount of crunch and saltiness that compliments the flavor of the sweet bbq sauce.

BuffaLouie's

Photo Courtesy of BuffaLouie’s

Don’t eat red meat or are a vegetarian? Not a problem, all of BuffaLouie’s burgers can be made with grilled chicken or black bean patties so that you can always satisfy your craving, no matter your dietary restrictions.

BuffaLouie's

Photo by Natsuko Mazany

Typically I would never consider ordering a salad at a place that has such amazing wings and burgers, however, BuffaLouie’s completely changed my mind. The salads they offer range from a classic caesar to the delicious cobb salad. Egg, red onion, bacon bits, bleu cheese, chicken, tomato and avocado all combine to make one satisfying salad. You heard right, a SATISFYING SALAD.

All of the ingredients are fresh which makes a world of difference for any salad enthusiast. Also it’s impossible to hate anything with avocado in it, that’s a fact.

BuffaLouie's

Photo Courtesy of BuffaLouie’s

Not hungry enough for a full meal? BuffaLouie’s also has awesome snack items that can satisfy any appetite. Try the cheesy bread. It’s the perfect combination of cheese and crunchiness. Or try the curly fries as a snack or with your burger or wings.

BuffaLouie's

Photo by Natsuko Mazany

You think we’re done? BuffaLouie’s also does breakfast, and let me tell you, it is amazing. One of my favorite dishes features eggs on piled on top of tater tots. You can’t go wrong.

BuffaLouie's

Photo Courtesy of BuffaLouie’s

BuffaLouie’s is not only a great place for college students, it is perfect for families as well. The environment is a positive and enthusiastic place to eat tasty food with friendly people. BuffaLouie’s is truly one of a kind and we’re sure happy to have it in Bloomington.

Make sure  to follow BuffaLouie’s on Facebook and Twitter to keep up to date on their specials and events.

average

Location: 114 South Indiana Avenue Bloomington, IN 47408
Hours of operation: Monday- Friday 8:00am – Midnight, Saturday-Sunday 9:00am – Midnight