Summer is the best time to catch up with old friends and what better way to do that than going to brunch? Well, here is a list of my favorite spots to brunch on Long Island if you haven't tried them already and for those who are visiting this summer for the first time - these are a must try. 

1. Jam on Park

Jam on Park is a cute little corner - spot in Massapequa Park that serves a wide range of breakfast foods. Each week they share a "Special of the Week" that usually is a unique combination of French toast or pancakes such as Caramel Apple Pancakes and Banana Bread French Toast. If you visit Jam on Park on a Sunday and bring your own champagne bottle, the restaurant will create a DIY mimosa for you. They encourage all of their customers to Instagram a picture of their food for a chance to win their contests that offer gift cards to come back! Jam on Park is open every day from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m.

2. Brownstones Coffee

Brownstones' french toast, enough said. If you haven't visited Brownstones in Amityville, you need to hop in your car or the next train and go right now. Their french toast is to die for, you don't even need to add syrup because of their sweet texture. They come with berries, bananas, nuts, caramel, and powdered sugar. Brownstones offers other must-try foods too such as eggs benedict - but, scrambled not poached, Belgium waffles, pancakes, and the trendiest millennial food - avocado toast! Their hours are Monday to Saturday from 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. and Sundays from 7:30 a.m. to 2 p.m.

3. Morning Rose Cafe 

If you're a "breakfast for dinner" type of person then Morning Rose Cafe is the place for you because breakfast is served all day. A lot of the foods on their menu have a French-inspired cuisine - they have funky flavored crepes such as lemon ricotta and mixed berries to the classic banana and Nutella crepes. Their most popular dishes are their stuffed croissants, crispy-churro french toast bites, and their peach cobbler pancakes. Morning Rose Cafe is open Tuesdays to Sundays from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.

4. Sweet Mama's Good Kitchen

Most Long Islanders wish they lived in the south during the really cold months - well, Sweet Mama's bring the south to Long Island all year-round. Their southern inspired menu and restaurant include favorites such as eggs Benedict, Belgium Waffles, country fried steak and eggs, and griddle cakes of all sorts. Their restaurant is set to take place in the 1950s, so when you first walk in, you will automatically get a vintage experience. Their hours are Mondays to Saturdays from 7:30 a.m. to 9 p.m. and Sundays from 7:30 a.m. to 8 p.m.

5. Broadway Gourmet

I've obviously saved the best for last. If you've seen the picture above and haven't visited Broadway Gourmet, then you clearly haven't lived. My mouth is water just looking at that picture but the best part is, that isn't the only crazy flavored bagels they have. Broadway Gourmet created funky bagels with fun flavored cream cheeses such as Oreo, peanut butter, cookie, pretzel, m&ms, and much more. And, if you are really into the "unicorn epidemic," they serve rainbow bagels with cotton candy cream cheese and stuffed with a sugar cookie with sprinkles - yum! Their hours are Mondays to Fridays from 5:30 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Saturdays and Sundays from 6 a.m. to 5 p.m.

As you can see, Long Island has a lot to offer and what's better than brunching on the weekend and then hitting the beach right after, nothing!