The quaint Pleasant Street District of Gainesville, Florida is home to the hidden gem that is Daybreak Pleasant Street. It's humble diner-style atmosphere and subtle, quiet location is contrasted with the bold flavors of Spicy Mayan Nitro Cold Brew Coffee and Caveman Pancakes. 

When the parents come for a weekend, and you must please your carnivorous dad and gluten-free mom while sticking to your healthy vegan diet, mornings can get hectic. But not at Daybreak. Save the family arguments and hour-long decision making for another day.

For the Coffee Connoisseur

Olivia Dorsky

For an unexpected start to your brunch adventure, try the Mayan Coffee. Made with Opus Coffee Nitro Cold Brew, coconut milk, cocoa, and CHILI powder, you may be hesitant to give it a try. But trust me, you want to. It's like an iced mocha latte, but with a kick. AND it's topped with coconut whipped cream to keep it vegan. See, vegan food can be fun too!

For the Resident Vegan

Olivia Dorsky

Now it's time to order. I decided to continue with the vegan theme and get the Daybreak Hash with tofu scramble and smoked tempeh instead of meat. A ~pleasant~ surprise is that this isn't your typical greasy diner hash. It's filled with chunks of roasted red and sweet potatoes, peppers, mushrooms, and onions, all cooked with a touch of maple syrup. The spicy peppers, smoky tempeh, and sweet maple created the best breakfast hash I've ever eaten. But one thing to keep in mind is if you don't like the taste of soy and tofu, don't get the tofu scramble. Just stick with eggs or extra tempeh. 

For the Meat-Lover

Olivia Dorsky

For the meat and potatoes person in the family, order the same Daybreak Hash, but switch it up a little bit. Ask for it with the eggs and smoked sausage or bacon. This single dish can be tweaked to serve every taste, and that is what makes Daybreak so amazing. 

For the Health-Conscious

Olivia Dorsky

For the gluten-intolerant or the fitness junkie, the Caveman Pancakes are the perfect healthy Sunday treat. These hotcakes will satisfy your greasy diner pancake craving without the guilt. Made with almond flour, these paleo pancakes are packed with protein. They are topped with raw walnuts, strawberries, and blueberries to give the sweetness of pancake toppings without the processed junk. Served with the coconut whipped cream and a side of all-natural honey, even the guilty pleasures are made to fit the healthiest of diets.

Brunch For All

So if you're out for brunch and don't want to ruin your diet (or maybe you do) Daybreak has everything you could ever want. My next indulgence will be the Cinnamon Roll Pancakes stack filled with layers of cinnamon sugar and topped with anglaise and whipped cream (the real kind). But if I'm feeling healthy that day, and eating vegan I'll try the Chia Vegan Pancakes with fresh fruit and maple syrup. You really can't go wrong, so bring every kind of eater and you'll all leave feeling full-filled.